Atdhe Nuhiu

So who do we replace him with on our budget? We need to bring in 3 new strikers, so who is a similar sort of Championship player to Nuhiu that we could get to be 3rd choice? Lee Gregory, Sam Vokes, Callum Paterson, Danny Ward, Tom Eaves are mostly targetman type strikers but would stretch our  budget yet have only scored a similar or lower number of goals than Nuhiu this season. (and all of them, perhaps other than Vokes who'd be too expensive for us anyway, would be underwhelming signings as well)

Surely another year for Nuhiu would make more sense right now. 

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox

Until we see who his replacement will be, I’ll reserve judgement as to whether it’s a good thing or not. Rhodes needs to go more so than Atdhe, so we must be striving for a total clear out up top. 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

All these players leaving, bit worried we’ve not got more through the door.

Jordan Rhodes currently the only striker on the books.

Funny how not long ago a lot of people saying how rubbish Atdhe Nuhiu is , he will be missed more than Rhodes and he is still here !!

Jordan Rhodes cant strike a match.

Edited by Big Jack

I’d be very surprised if he ends up at a Championship club, unless somebody like Wycombe come in for him as Akinfenwa’s replacement. Nuhiu is very much the emperor’s new clothes style of footballer. Naked of talent but some fans don’t see it. 

Sad to see him go but inevitable really. He’s put a really good shift in for us. In terms of replacing him, I think it’s virtually impossible to replace like for like?

As for where he’ll end up I think it’ll be somewhere abroad but Middlesbrough, Preston or even Norwich could be possible destinations?

13 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

I’d be very surprised if he ends up at a Championship club, unless somebody like Wycombe come in for him as Akinfenwa’s replacement. Nuhiu is very much the emperor’s new clothes style of footballer. Naked of talent but some fans don’t see it. 

Where's Akinfenwa gone? I thought he was still at Wycombe.

1 hour ago, the third man said:

he has only scored 10 in two out of 7 seasons, one when he that great run at the end of the season

he had one season where he didn't score otherwise its 5 or 7 goals

he has had his use to us but lets not go overboard about what he has achieved

So you’d rather stick with 1 striker who has scored less than 5 goals this season?