Messi

13 minutes ago, The Horse said:

Just another midget fancy dan.

We want some big lads to mix it up f' when 'crowd yell gerrit forrad.

Who said anything about playing him in his natural position? 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I was getting excited then. I thought someone was going to tell me who the better player was.

If you insist. 

I think Sir Alex said it best. Cristiano is the better player, because he carries a team no matter where he is, while Messi is a "Barcelona player". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

May as well turn this thread into something useful.

So is Messi better than Ronaldo or not?

Not but close. Neither are as good as Maradona was - he is the greatest of all time. In fact, I’d put Zidane and Ronaldinho in front of Messi. 

10 minutes ago, bobness said:

If you insist. 

I think Sir Alex said it best. Cristiano is the better player, because he carries a team no matter where he is, while Messi is a "Barcelona player". 

Yes, but what was John Parrot’s opinion? 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Not but close. Neither are as good as Maradona was - he is the greatest of all time. In fact, I’d put Zidane and Ronaldinho in front of Messi. 

Ronaldinho put Messi ahead of himself when Messi was 17. 

50 minutes ago, bobness said:

If you insist. 

Really? 

Messi has been carrying Barcelona since Xavi and Iniesta moved on.

Ronaldo had plenty of help at Man Utd, Real and Juve. Juve have won the league for nearly a decade straight, they also won the Coppa Italia 4 seasons in a row before they signed Ronaldo, haven't won it since and are on the decline in terms of how far they progress in the Champions League, he isn't doing a great job of carrying them further. 

Lets not forget Fergie also said David Moyes was the right man to take Man Utd forward.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Really? 

Messi has been carrying Barcelona since Xavi and Iniesta moved on.

Ronaldo had plenty of help at Man Utd, Real and Juve. Juve have won the league for nearly a decade straight, they also won the Coppa Italia 4 seasons in a row before they signed Ronaldo, haven't won it since and are on the decline in terms of how far they progress in the Champions League, he isn't doing a great job of carrying them further. 

Lets not forget Fergie also said David Moyes was the right man to take Man Utd forward.

On the international stage which has performed better? I suppose that's the only time we can observe how well Messi adapts to a completely different setup.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Would pay for himself with shirt sales and sponsors, do it. 

Not sure. Don't forget our shirts tend to come out half way through the season when people have lost interest. New marketing strategy apparently. 

7 hours ago, bobness said:

On the international stage which has performed better? I suppose that's the only time we can observe how well Messi adapts to a completely different setup.

Ronaldo has won the European Championships once - with a decent Portugal team who took advantage of the new format to qualify for the latter stages despite not winning a game in their group and finishing 3rd. They then won the final without him.

Messi has reached a World Cup final and lost in the final of the South American equivalent of the European Championships 3 times - twice on penalties after Higuain missed a string of sitters. Small margins and hardly the failure that is sometimes portrayed in terms of national achievements.