Colin says.....

Before we appointed Monk as manager Warnock was asked who he thought would be a good appointment by Wednesday. Apart from saying how much he rated Megson as a boss at this level he said Roy Keane, Mark Hughes or Stuart Pearce would be a good fit with regards to knowing the league, what sort of players we would require and how to get the best out of what's available. If we was to show Monk the door do you think any of these managers could do a good job at Wednesday? Personally I'd like to see us go for a young up and coming manager so someone like John Terry or Phil Neville would be worth a go if we found ourselves in the hunt for a new boss. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

I'm just imagining Keane's reaction when Reach or Pelupessy nesh out of a tackle. And for that alone, I say get him in. 

Personally wouldn’t mind Keane or Hughes here as manager. Gutless wouldn’t be one of the words to describe the team’s performances for very long after they arrive. 

• Like 2

Keane looks evil as a pundit, let alone as a coach. He was on Sky the other week with Micah Richards who was all jocular and smiling from ear to ear. Keane's face never cracked once and he looked as if he wanted to wipe the smile straight off Micah's face. He couldn’t bear to be seen even smiling at a former Man City player's jokes. What a legend. Imagine how he would have dealt with some of our more 'difficult' players. 

• Like 2

I think Micah Richards is a breath of fresh air as a pundit. He’s like an Ian Wright but knows more about the game. Keane would certainly ensure we had a team of fighters, not sure of his tactical qualities as a manager though. You wouldn’t want to put a foot wrong if he was the manager but that would alienate half of our soft squad.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

I think Micah Richards is a breath of fresh air as a pundit. He’s like an Ian Wright but knows more about the game. Keane would certainly ensure we had a team of fighters, not sure of his tactical qualities as a manager though. You wouldn’t want to put a foot wrong if he was the manager but that would alienate half of our soft squad.

In Harry Redknapps book he says Keane was regarded as one of the best to go through the coaching badges and he’s surprised he hasn’t been more successful.  Though if you look at his record it could be argued he didn’t do too badly with what he was given. 

2 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Before we appointed Monk as manager Warnock was asked who he thought would be a good appointment by Wednesday. Apart from saying how much he rated Megson as a boss at this level he said Roy Keane, Mark Hughes or Stuart Pearce would be a good fit with regards to knowing the league, what sort of players we would require and how to get the best out of what's available. If we was to show Monk the door do you think any of these managers could do a good job at Wednesday? Personally I'd like to see us go for a young up and coming manager so someone like John Terry or Phil Neville would be worth a go if we found ourselves in the hunt for a new boss. 

Have you got a link to the interview/article?

17 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

Well all of the above names are better than Monk.

Stuart Pearce  & Roy Keane  

Could only be made to sound appealing if you offered Phil neville or John Terry as alternatives. 

Jos , Irvine & burtenshaw just behind.