I'd Walk a million miles

12 hours ago, ttimeowls said:

Remember sammy being held a loft on the Shorham end in the county cup game at night when it kicked off and everyone singing his name 

crazy days but was known by all the Wednesday fans then .

never get those days back unfortunately 

The normal Sammy song came first then I remember the chant going up "Sammy took the Shoreham, easy, easy".

Absolutely first class pizz take.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Loved singing the song while Sammy was being passed around people's shoulders on the lep. He loved I as well, big smile on his face. Those days bring back memories of my cousin Trevor Collins, god rest his soul.

Trevor were a pal of mine had some sparring sessions with him not a backwards step in him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OWL1969 said:

Good bunch the Stocksbridge lads, but they can be a mite territorial!

Remember the 1st time I went in the Coach (late 80s or early 90s I'm guessing, its long gone now) with half a dozen other Hillsborough lads and a couple of local lads.

The 2 local lads had gone to the bar and we were sat around the pool table, the atmosphere was very intimidating for a short while and I thought we were going to end up either getting thrown through or jumping through the window.

Never been happier to see the 2 locals, as they returned from the bar!

I've since got to know many of the lads who were in there that day and even been on Holiday with loads of em.

A good bunch who are very close knit, (a big family, literally sometimes 😂) they're still like the old days up there, they're all in it together, if one gets any bother, you'd have to tackle the lot of em, no matter how many are out be it 2 or 3 or 30.

Coach is now an Indian. Stocksbridge is a massive Wednesday area. 

Just now, meggoisgod said:

It would be amazing to get the song going again and make it an absolutely unique football anthem...I'm in

Would epitomise the siege mentality we are going to need next season ......Be a step towards getting a feel good factor back at hillsborough..........If anybody ever represented a ...Wednesday v Everybody else ....it was Sammy !!!

B97DDC09-F493-4567-A8C0-444E253D8EA4.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

Forgot to add, RIP Sammy. 

A face I think I can vaguely recall from being on the Lepp with my Dad in the 70s and who I've heard many stories about.

Ps we used to stand behind the goal with the goal to our right, can anyone who's old to remember tell me are the stories of 

"The left side and the right side" when bored true?

Really depends what ypu've heard. I went on the Lepp a few times back in those days and there was certainly a right side, left side thing going but on the occasions I was there it was a friendly p155 take, nothing else.

• Like 1