I'd Walk a million miles

13 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

A lot of the old faces fading away Weany and Sammy to name two, can't imagine characters like that been tolerated any more. 

Fans been replaced by customers. 

Do you think social media plays apart nearly everyone in Hillsborough or pubs as there heads stuck in a mobile device hardly anybody talks to each other

• Like 6

Once remember coming home from Barnsley on the service bus to Rotherham, must have been early 80's the bus station had been the usual battle ground - might have been a night match and for some reason Sammy was on it! lot of Wednesday on there and some of the Barnsley lot were getting mardy - Sammy stood at the back swinging on the pole swirling over the seats singing about Cowdenbeath - funny as fizz - you had to be there to appreciate it.

• Haha 3

On 09/08/2020 at 21:32, hirstysfags said:

Thank you for that. I was born in 74 so he's sort of new to me as well.

No problems pal, anyone of a certain age will have a story to tell about him.

He was a legend.

Why not sing ..”Oh oh oh Sammy “million miles song ...after ..high ho silver lining ..at every home game next season when crowds return??...Big pic of Sammy on the scoreboard??...Be unique to us ......Would go a long way to uniting the fan base again ...especially 50/60 year olds like me ....young uns can carry it on into future seasons .......Make it happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

No comparison, sorry.

You can just picture it 

Wednesday at Villa Fa cup 

Martin Tyler to Carragher

" great first half Jamie, the Wednesday faithful are as usual showing their appreciation even one of them is being held aloft Wan".......

"Jesus christ Quick back to the studio"....

FFS......

1651707038_RonnieBarkerOpenAllHours(1981)2.2.jpg.08f5d3783c6d83303eba8ed508a17f19.jpg

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

No comparison, sorry.

Tango was/is an attention seeker, Sammy was one of the lads who just happend to be a bit different but was one ot us, when I say us I mean the wider collective army of Wednesday fans who were on the road in the 70s and 80s

• Like 5
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Bakewell Owl said:

Tango was/is an attention seeker, Sammy was one of the lads who just happend to be a bit different but was one ot us, when I say us I mean the wider collective army of Wednesday fans who were on the road in the 70s and 80s

Christ you have to be very very clear in what your saying on here. 

In no way am I comparing Sammy with Tango. 

Sammy brings a smile to my face when I remember him, and Tango is just a fat bloke that the kids like. 

I was responding to a comment that people don’t like characters nowadays and used Tango as a way of agreeing with that comment. 

• Like 2