Jacob Murphy

2 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Still think Murphy will come back to us, it took him time to settle then was very good the second half of the season. He seems to get on well with Monk which is a big plus. Cannot see the -12  points to be a problem, If he is only here for a year

I think he'd get on well with most managers, he works hard doesn't complain and seems like a good lad off the field as well. I expect him to move to a club where he will be utilised as a winger rather than a wing-back. I am not sure we will continue with the wing-back approach anyway but I still expect Murphy to get offers from clubs with better prospects next season. 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Norwich is the worrying one, being closer to his family

He’s training in Sheffield at the minute. It will boil down to money and who pays Newcastle the most. I think we got him last year as a ‘sweetener’ following the Bruce debacle. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Norwich is the worrying one, being closer to his family

Isn’t Norwich renowned for families being “very close”? :ph34r:

And I say that as someone from NI...

On 13/08/2020 at 19:28, soldierboyblue said:

Was a Bruce choice I honestly think he would have played a big part last season if Bruce was still here

He wasn’t a Bruce signing he was brought in at the last minute because our deal for hector broke down at the last min when Chelsea decided they wanted more from us? He was a chicken stuffing signing from his contacts in Germany 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 14/08/2020 at 03:23, gurujuan said:

I don’t recall seeing him have a good game in that role. His positioning is terrible defensively, although to be fair to him, he does track back. Most of his good work was done further forward, or when he was introduced from the bench  He is excellent when at one on one, so play to his strengths, use him as a winger who can track back

Totally disagree. I thought he was excellent in the wing back role. Don’t remember him getting rinsed by a winger and it actually seemed to give him more space. As an attacking wing back, I think he’s perfect.