Wolves and how to successfully cheat FFP rules

1 hour ago, poite said:

I don't buy the argument that teams buy their way up to the premier League. 

Getting out of this league to the promised land is about exceptional management in my view and that managers ability to get the best out of the players. 

Bielsa has done it this year, Parker has done it and Bilic has done it. Wilder did it last year. 

If it was just about gambling by spending a fortune there's plenty of teams still in this division who shouldnt be. 

Carlos was fantastic in that first season and I genuinely think we were on to something with Bruce but other than that we haven't come close to getting that bit right and that's the bit that matters most in my view 

Pearson is the man to turn this around, god only what Chansiri is waiting for.

There is a real chance to rebuild this team and get it firing again and it looks increasingly likely well waste another golden chance.

• Like 1

Wolves manager on BBC website today:

"I am very proud. Now I think we can see we have our own identity, which is based on strong foundations of respect and hard work."

That's all. Respect and hard work, the millions invested by the new Chinese owners and the linkup with the agent getting Champions League players to go to a midtable Championship club had absolutely nothing to do with it, honest Guv. 

• Like 1

Tbf, Wolves splooged money on quality. They also signed a top class manager.

We splooged money on some good players and a whole lot of rubbish. Further, Carlos wasn't on the same level as a Nuno.

Yeah, the game is corrupt, but our problem is we werent smart enough to navigate our way to the Prem..

• Like 2

Getting to the Prem is a bit like some dodgy tax haven where all the rules fly out the window. 

Yeah, you might get into occasional trouble, but some decent lawyers and a few brown paper bags will sort all that out. 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, Wolves splooged money on quality. They also signed a top class manager.

We splooged money on some good players and a whole lot of rubbish. Further, Carlos wasn't on the same level as a Nuno.

Yeah, the game is corrupt, but our problem is we werent smart enough to navigate our way to the Prem..

Correctamondo...so can we all stop bellyaching about the pl..efl..ffp..Sheffield star..maguire..radio Sheffield..Gibson..etc etc