A players experience of having a points deduction - here is what it's like

“Siege mentality” can be used to bring a group together with an us against the world message. My concern is that there is no evidence that

a) Monk can make this approach work. His approach thus far seems to have been more divisive and along the lines of “my way or the highway”

b) This group of players have a strong enough mentality to buy into this. They seem to constantly underachieve which isn’t a technical or physical issue. 

• Like 3

Vital to hit the ground running for me. The longer it takes to wipe out the deduction the more demoralising it will become. If we can start catching up on teams in the first 6-10 games then it will feel like a weight lifted.  

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
26 minutes ago, bobness said:

Just need to ask our players "What would Jesus do?" 

Is he our next signing? I’d prefer Aguero to be honest...

As a manager I'd be looking around the players thinking who would I trust alongside me if we were at an Irish wedding and it all kicks off.... 

Unfortunately for monk the majority of our lot would be running for the exits or hiding under tables. 

The ones that have been released or frozen out like hutch, fletcher, fox and Westwood are unfortunately the main ones I would have trusted to get stuck in. 

• Like 2

It’s a great article .. and it’s a flavour that not all is written off. Hudds and Stoke only had 1 point when we got to 12, 7 games in.

If I were DC I’d offer a couple of incentives along the way .. 0 points by 4th game I’ll pay x each and double it if not relegated end of season. And do a sliding scale up to 10 games to clear the points quicker.

I’d also offer to triple it on hitting the playoffs and maybe offer even more for promotion!