1 minute ago, A12owl said:

I dread to think of that happening with DC. 

Well there was the conspiracy that his son was signing players lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

I dread to think of that happening with DC. 

With his son as his assistant Chansiri could not do worse as manager than Monk and the ever-lasting Bullen

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

Well there was the conspiracy that his son was signing players lol

That was on Football Manager which is where DC learns all about Wednesday. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DSandersonOWL said:

With his son as his assistant Chansiri could not do worse as manager than Monk and the ever-lasting Bullen

See my answer to @shezzas left peg

Has he been poorly advised though?

The keyboard chairmen of Owlstalk seems to think that the fabled “young hungry players” and an experienced manager (who has never been sacked) is what we need to get out of this division.

Perhaps the reality of it is that we need to throw ridiculous amounts of money at it, and hope for a big chunk of luck.

Chansiri rolled the dice and lost. This time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Fess up ........ you’re making it up like an attention seekingwhore aren’t you!

Why would I make it up, check my post contribution, I've got better things to do than come on this dump and bullshi to deluded people like you, like I say its just what a few have told me, I also heard he is a fool with the cleaners he also made them clean every rangers sticker of the lampposts on penistone Road when we played them a bit ott. He also complained about someone fishing on the river at the side of hillsborough, as far as ringing environment agency up about getting the river diverted. Some of that may sound far fetched but put that together with a bloke who has his name printed everywhere and had us all stand to attention for some king we never even heard off then you can't ignore. Believe what you want i couldn't care less to be fsir, as my post contribution says 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, sheffwed4ever said:

I've got better things to do than come on this dump 

tenor.gif

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, hk_owl said:

If Chansiri hasn't been poorly advised I would hate to see us when we are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hk_owl said:

The keyboard chairmen of Owlstalk seems to think that the fabled “young hungry players” and an experienced manager (who has never been sacked) is what we need to get out of this division.

Perhaps the reality of it is that we need to throw ridiculous amounts of money at it, and hope for a big chunk of luck.

Chansiri rolled the dice and lost. This time.

Bravo!

Consider - Tan at Cardiff, consider the recent differing Wigan owners, consider Gibson at Boro steady ownership over years, consider multiple owners at Birmingham, Villa multiple owners, consider McCabe lost his club after try 12 managers to get back to PL, consider multiple owners at Leeds, consider Forest differing owners.

But no ours is poorly run .. Chansiri mistake was accounting procedure he pulled the same tactic as Morris at Derby (whose also heavily invested without the ultimate success). 

So fair few clubs, not an exhaustive list either, getting things right and wrong over the seasons. 

Brentford did well with their system yes but choked twice when they needed to deliver - no different to us at Hull and Huddersfield tbf..

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I don't think Chansiri is the only person with a financial interest in Wednesday, or the only person putting money in. 

You and me both mate

• Like 3

Sadly predictable this thread.

Many people these days just seem to nail their colours to the mast and won't see anything any different to the opinion they hold or be able to see past it in other matters. Mistakes have obviously been made but there are plenty of threads for discussing that, no need to drag it into this thread.

Like this thread about Monk doing work to help the homeless - 

I am far from his biggest fan but this was a positive story about some top work away from football. The thread soon descended into an argument about his management, as if there weren't enough threads to debate that.

Credit where credit is due on this, there are far more profitable businesses that haven't done what he has to support his employees.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

The fact is thete are certain fans on here tryin to make others feel guilty for claiming there refund..its bang out of order

Fair play Mr Chansiri - he didn’t have to do this.

But as regards guilt - it’s Wednesday that should be feeling guilty for making me wait so long for giving me my cash back! 

• Like 1

I think DC genuinely tries to do the right thing, not always achieved, but on this issue, well done. 

Another reason why the EPL makes me sick though, all the money sloshing about and its employees at the bottom of the pyramid who are expendable, while EPL  players show off their wealth, tosspot players even  wasting £6k on a bloody rucksack and the clubs complicit giving these morons even more money at the expense of someone who relies on a fraction of the average EPL players weekly salary as their annual wage.

The "£100,000 per day" has been done to death. By the time it was broken down, it ended up at something like about £30k. The rest of the money is in transfer fees, ground improvements etc. Over the same period, Man City spent close to £500K per day in wages and transfers, just to give it some context.

Posted (edited)

He deserves huge credit for this and I with most others applaud his commitment to his people at the club. It's a big deal for people's lives and he's done what so many can't or refuse to do. 

But splashing cash is the easy bit when you have it. Spending money has never been an issue when it comes to Chansiri, he's always done it. The problem is everything else i.e. the overall running of the club. That's the hard bit and he's been a disaster in that respect. 

Edited by poite

I don't doubt he's a good guy. I just don't think he should be running a football club.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Come on now...

You're just relentlessly posting this in every thread

Go and have a cuppa, a slice of toast and marmite and put some motown on and CHEER UP - it's Thursday!!

I've had a drink of pop, toast and Marmite and played Rod Stewart (and Ron Isley's) version of "This Ole Heart Of Mine" today if that counts!

On 06/08/2020 at 11:41, Django said:

£100.000 per day for the past 5 and a half years 

ouch

Where as this figure come from? it can't be realistic surely? i mean you'd just shut up shop! if something was costing 100k per day you would close it down and therefore this figure can't be true. Maybe its 100k a month or 100k a day during lockdown but we surely cannot be losing 100k per day and if we are then even Premier League money isn't going to fill that gap.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lump On said:

Where as this figure come from? it can't be realistic surely? i mean you'd just shut up shop! if something was costing 100k per day you would close it down and therefore this figure can't be true. Maybe its 100k a month or 100k a day during lockdown but we surely cannot be losing 100k per day and if we are then even Premier League money isn't going to fill that gap.

Yea, I posted the same above.. in the original article by Alex Miller, it states both covering 20% (100K/day) since lockdown (april 1st) but then it was worded in conclusion as something being paid out each day in the entire ownership of the club by DC, which seems highly unrealistic. And it's not SW losing money, this is Chansiri dishing out of his own finances during lockdown to cover the remaining 20% of his employees' salaries. So around £9M if it's gone on for say 90 days (3 months) or so.

On 06/08/2020 at 12:14, Therealrealist said:

Yes we get it..you havnt claimed your few quid back..im sure the players will be thanking you..but dont call other fans pathetic for claiming their refund

RIGHT would you care to point out MY post where i have called you or any fans PATHETIC?