Ground location.

1 hour ago, Moody said:

Millwall play in the inner-City London boroughs of Southwark and Lewisham - South Bermondsey is in Southwark, the stadium is in mostly in Lewisham. 

Arsenal play in the inner-City London borough of Islington. 

Chelsea, Fulham and QPR all play in the inner-City London borough of Hammersmith & Fulham.

Charlton Athletic play in the inner-City London borough of Greenwich. 

If you accept that Charing Cross is the notional "centre of London" and the point from which distances from London are measured, then Arsenal, Millwall and Chelsea are the three most central London clubs, all being within 3 to 4 miles of Charing Cross.

If you go from the actual ‘City of London’, then Millwall play under 2 miles away from the City of London. 

Charlton Athletic also play in League One.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Busmansholiday said:

Just re-instate the trains to the old  Wadlsey Bridge Station (station for Sheffield Wednesday as I remember it used to say). Then the poor southern softies will not have to walk as far.

Ditto,lwould not want to leave Hillsborough, too many memories, good and bad.most of us on here have only known Hillsborough as our ground,the good old days of Chelsea,west ham,Newcastle,etc,coming passed the old gate,,any football fan can find a pub,its not that hard.I've been to 86 different grounds and always got in a pub,

Big chunk of land where the airport runway was on the east side of the city.

A lot of rejuvenation going off in the area, within spitting distance of 2 junctions of M1, Parkway, Attercliffe. Tram not far either.

I bet the land would be cheap too.

FB72B89F-B5B6-4C04-885F-E2CC36D96CA2.jpeg

Edited by Mac_77
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

It's literally about 20 mins on the tram with a host of pubs and drinking spots on the way. Kelham to Hillsborough is a 20 min walk or five mins in a cab. 

Wtf are they moaning about. 

Exactly what I was thinking. 

4 hours ago, RevOwl said:

I live and work in central London and one thing that's often said to me by pals and workmates during our football conversations is about Hillsborough being too far out of the way when away fans arrive in the city. How they want to have a drink in the town then make the short walk to the ground. They always say that our streaky rivals ground is easy to walk or stagger to but Hillsborough is too far out of the way. They talk about having to get cabs, trams etc. I've even been asked if Hillsborough is actually Sheffield or on the outskirts. This got me thinking about if we was to relocate and how people would feel about a brand new stadium more central to the city and would this generate an even bigger fan base. A new stadium more central to existing and new fans alike that's easier for both home and away fans to get to. 

E768C311-5751-46F4-A1D8-EF0B77B6A1D8.gif

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Quick question - where are THEIR grounds and how far is it from Kings Cross/St Pancras?

Arsenal 2.2 miles

Brentford 9.4 miles

Charlton 9.4 miles

Chelsea 5.3 miles

Fulham 7.9 miles

Millwall 6.0 miles

Orient 6.7 miles

Palace 11.3 miles

QPR 5.3 miles

Spurs 6.5 miles

West Ham 6.1 miles

Wimbledon 14.4 miles

All distances according to GOOGLE maps

2 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Tony Kenworthy’s local the complete c**t. He used to bone the barmaid Jane

Loved in when TC stamped on his foot at the Lane (yes, THAT game) whilst the ref wasn't looking!

5 hours ago, Mac_77 said:

A lot of rejuvenation going off in the area, within spitting distance of 2 junctions of M1, Parkway, Attercliffe. Tram not far either.

Could be a good site for D-Airlines

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, Mac_77 said:

Please God no!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Arsenal 2.2 miles

Brentford 9.4 miles

Charlton 9.4 miles

Chelsea 5.3 miles

Fulham 7.9 miles

Millwall 6.0 miles

Orient 6.7 miles

Palace 11.3 miles

QPR 5.3 miles

Spurs 6.5 miles

West Ham 6.1 miles

Wimbledon 14.4 miles

All distances according to GOOGLE maps

What on Earth has the road route from Kings Cross and St Pancras got to do with deciding if a London football ground is near central London or in the ‘suburbs’?!

Refer to earlier post.

Edited by Moody
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Moody said:

Millwall play in the inner-City London boroughs of Southwark and Lewisham - South Bermondsey is in Southwark, the stadium is in mostly in Lewisham. 

Arsenal play in the inner-City London borough of Islington. 

Chelsea, Fulham and QPR all play in the inner-City London borough of Hammersmith & Fulham.

Charlton Athletic play in the inner-City London borough of Greenwich. 

If you accept that Charing Cross is the notional "centre of London" and the point from which distances from London are measured, then Arsenal, Millwall and Chelsea are the three most central London clubs, all being within 3 to 4 miles of Charing Cross.

If you go from the actual ‘City of London’, then Millwall play under 2 miles away from the City of London. 

⬆️

Guest The Claw

To be fair the ground is for us........the station up the road is shut and was used regularly for travelling away fans 

When I lived in Sheffield I lived near to Bramall Lane.

I liked how you had to travel to like a little outlaying village to go watch Sheffield Wednesday. 

I think the different locations of the two Sheffield clubs give them their unique identities. In fact, it felt a bit like London in that respect, ie Millwall and Crystal Palace are only 5/6 miles apart, but The Den is near the Thames and Bermondsey and New Cross are very much inner-City neighbourhoods, whereas Selhurst is very much suburban south London.