Ground location.

21 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

What you mean like Sheffield  11...Hunters Bar and Fulwood cos' they were all blades areas when I grew up

Sorry Davey but Fulwood was blue and white. Bit of a mix from city centre to hunters bar but beyond that mostly owls.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat

I agree. We would be insane not to move our ground closer to the centre so away fans don’t have as far to walk when they get off the train.

I like the ground where it is 

Just needs bringing into the 21st century 

Lick of paint would help

I've always found it daft how Hillsborough Park is next door and the club have never used it for like fan zones or beer tents ect 

They could make a killing 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

That area is called 'Attercliffe Waterside' and is due for large redeveopment. 

https://www.rmcmedia.co.uk/vibe/movers-and-makers/article/Plans-to-develop-Attercliffe-Waterside-cause-controversy

Attercliffe would be a great location. Only a few mins away from out original home of Darnall. It would be like football's coming home 

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

My Grandad had the Black Bull pub...all blades 

I lived on Southgrove Road and Club Garden Road in my youth and you would be surprised at all the people who would actually appear on matchdays in the blue and white, some (including myself) would walk the 4 miles.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

Attercliffe would be a great location. Only a few mins away from out original home of Darnall. It would be like football's coming home 

It's still ALL industry round there.  

I worked just off Darnall Road.  Despite not being as polluted as it once was it's still grimy.

Guest mkowl
43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or where the Ski Village is?

That's closer to the train station and the land's pretty much derelict there

Need to kick downhill 2nd half though

48 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Facking Landan Cants...

What's he got to do with it?

image.png.7ec20f0b958e1506ccc289c88ebd0a3d.png

54 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

FFS it's only 4 miles from the station, the way you portray them as whining you'd think it was 40 miles!

Incidentally how many grounds in central London? None, they are all in the suburbs.

Cheeky cockney 2hats!

I went to the two NFL games at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last autumn, and whilst the facility itself is tremendous, accessibility is woeful. It's like dropping a national arena into the middle of a densely populated residential area. Getting away from the place was horrendous and involved being in a huge crowd going almost nowhere for about half an hour as stewards and police tried to manage the flow of people, a walk of about a mile and then queuing for ages to get into the tube station. 

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

What's he got to do with it?

image.png.7ec20f0b958e1506ccc289c88ebd0a3d.png

I went to the two NFL games at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last autumn, and whilst the facility itself is tremendous, accessibility is woeful. It's like dropping a national arena into the middle of a densely populated residential area. Getting away from the place was horrendous and involved being in a huge crowd going almost nowhere for about half an hour as stewards and police tried to manage the flow of people, a walk of about a mile and then queuing for ages to get into the tube station. 

No SAG ?

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

Incidentally how many grounds in central London? None, they are all in the suburbs.

Millwall play in the inner-City London boroughs of Southwark and Lewisham - South Bermondsey is in Southwark, the stadium is in mostly in Lewisham. 

Arsenal play in the inner-City London borough of Islington. 

Chelsea, Fulham and QPR all play in the inner-City London borough of Hammersmith & Fulham.

Charlton Athletic play in the inner-City London borough of Greenwich. 

If you accept that Charing Cross is the notional "centre of London" and the point from which distances from London are measured, then Arsenal, Millwall and Chelsea are the three most central London clubs, all being within 3 to 4 miles of Charing Cross.

If you go from the actual ‘City of London’, then Millwall play under 2 miles away from the City of London. 

Edited by Moody

Guest The Horse

Go to London and it's tube time anywhere to any ground.
Getting to Hillsborough from the station is in fact probably one of the better and indeed brilliant footy beer tours if they give themselves enough time.
Sheffield tap - town - tram to Kelham Island - Barracks - stadium.

Get 'em educated!!

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Birmingham

Villa

Bolton

Reading 

Preston

Wigan

Stoke 

Brighton

All London clubs (in relation to Kings Cross/St Pancras)

Just a few grounds off the top of my head which are nowhere near the main railway station. I wonder if they've got somebody moaning on their forums that their grounds are too awkward for away fans to get to...

Both scouse grounds are a fair way out too.