Ground location.

1 minute ago, No Uniform said:

Derby, Manchester United, Manchester City, 

Derby's easily walkable to be fair, but, and its the same with Nottingham (apart from Hooters!), there's not much of interest between the station and the grounds because the town centre is one way and the grounds are the other. 

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

What you mean like Sheffield  11...Hunters Bar and Fulwood cos' they were all blades areas when I grew up

Although Fulwood is only a mile from town I wouldn't call it inner-city.  It's away from anywhere rough for reasons.

Netheredge is the only decent area thats close to the city centre.

Admittedly I was generalising a bit.  But personally I wouldn't want to live or watch football anywhere between Gleadless/Heeley and Meadowhall..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or where the Ski Village is?

That's closer to the train station and the land's pretty much derelict there

Not sure on either to be honest, plenty of space behind parkwood springs as you say - a lot more than the location I suggested - i'm not in the "move" group of fans anyway.      

4 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Although Fulwood is only a mile from town I wouldn't call it inner-city.  It's away from anywhere rough for reasons.

Netheredge is the only decent area thats close to the city centre.

Admittedly I was generalising a bit.  But personally I wouldn't want to live or watch football anywhere between Gleadless/Heeley and Meadowhall..

I lived on Eccleshall Road as a kid and my Dad and Uncles were all blades...luckily I escaped to Firth Park where it's  Wednesday territory 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Grez Bez
Just now, HIGHERSTATE said:

Would Wednesday be willing to develop the surrounding area or hope someone else does?

The area is already being developed. Kelham Island is stretching down there

Guest Therealrealist
41 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

I live and work in central London and one thing that's often said to me by pals and workmates during our football conversations is about Hillsborough being too far out of the way when away fans arrive in the city. How they want to have a drink in the town then make the short walk to the ground. They always say that our streaky rivals ground is easy to walk or stagger to but Hillsborough is too far out of the way. They talk about having to get cabs, trams etc. I've even been asked if Hillsborough is actually Sheffield or on the outskirts. This got me thinking about if we was to relocate and how people would feel about a brand new stadium more central to the city and would this generate an even bigger fan base. A new stadium more central to existing and new fans alike that's easier for both home and away fans to get to. 

What about the thousands of us who live in the northern suburbs..it wud be a right ballache havin to travel into the city centre..if anything a new ground shud be in our heartland..smitywood between ecco and chap is a place i earmarked a while ago

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just tell em to jump in a City Taxi's cab and get their sen's to Hillsborough and to just SHUT THE FOOOOOOOOOK UP

Too right! 

Not been able to get to many grounds in London by jumping off the train direct from Sheffield and having a short walk to the match.

It's not that far to walk to Hillsborough any and trams/taxi's are easily accessible from the station. Not as if southern fans need any more drinking time & the distance will help them to sober up after they've nursed a couple of lager tops. 

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

I lived on Eccleshall Road as a kid and my Dad and Uncles were all blades...luckily I escaped to Firth Park where it's  Wednesday territory 😎

I had a flat just off Sharrow Lane (I called it Netheredge) and I loved it there....You just had to avoid London Road on match days.  

You're right though some of the areas round and at the top of Eccy Road are gorgeous.  I bet more people from those areas (Including Dore/Whirlow/Bradway) are more interested now they are in the Premiership.

I always think of Heely, Manor and Gleadless as the Blades stronghold areas.