Ground location.

I live and work in central London and one thing that's often said to me by pals and workmates during our football conversations is about Hillsborough being too far out of the way when away fans arrive in the city. How they want to have a drink in the town then make the short walk to the ground. They always say that our streaky rivals ground is easy to walk or stagger to but Hillsborough is too far out of the way. They talk about having to get cabs, trams etc. I've even been asked if Hillsborough is actually Sheffield or on the outskirts. This got me thinking about if we was to relocate and how people would feel about a brand new stadium more central to the city and would this generate an even bigger fan base. A new stadium more central to existing and new fans alike that's easier for both home and away fans to get to. 

• Haha 1

It's been talked about before moving away from S6 but it always seems to get mentioned about moving further out, Like the brownfield sites around Meadowhall or Attercliffe.  

All football grounds are being build further out of towns because its cheaper and parking is better located.  Sadly as we all know that means its a bit soulless and lack of pubs to go drink in as mentioned.  Look at Stoke, Coventry, Bolton and middlesborough for example.

15 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

I live and work in central London and one thing that's often said to me by pals and workmates during our football conversations is about Hillsborough being too far out of the way when away fans arrive in the city. How they want to have a drink in the town then make the short walk to the ground. They always say that our streaky rivals ground is easy to walk or stagger to but Hillsborough is too far out of the way. They talk about having to get cabs, trams etc. I've even been asked if Hillsborough is actually Sheffield or on the outskirts. This got me thinking about if we was to relocate and how people would feel about a brand new stadium more central to the city and would this generate an even bigger fan base. A new stadium more central to existing and new fans alike that's easier for both home and away fans to get to. 

If I go to an away match I couldn't give a fekk about getting rat arsed, I'm more concerned about where I can park within easy walking distance to the ground, supporting my club during the match & getting away from the ground & home as easy as possible. I might get rat arsed once I get home mind.

Edited by mogbad
  • Like 3

Birmingham

Villa

Bolton

Reading 

Preston

Wigan

Stoke 

Brighton

All London clubs (in relation to Kings Cross/St Pancras)

Just a few grounds off the top of my head which are nowhere near the main railway station. I wonder if they've got somebody moaning on their forums that their grounds are too awkward for away fans to get to...

Edited by alanharper
typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Birmingham

Villa

Bolton

Reading 

Preston

Wigan

Stoke 

All London clubs (in relation to Kings Cross/St Pancras)

Just a few grounds off the top of my head which are nowhere near the main railway station. I wonder if they've got somebody moaning on tbeir forums that their grounds are too awkward for away fans to get to...

Derby, Manchester United, Manchester City, 

3 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

The Blades fans all live in (infest) the cr@ppy rat-maze inner city areas.

And we don't.

We are unique in this city and have an identity.

What you mean like Sheffield  11...Hunters Bar and Fulwood cos' they were all blades areas when I grew up