SWFC late to file accounts again

The sale of the stadium occurred when the stamp duty was paid. It’s got absolutely nothing to do with the EFL rules or their views whether said rules had been breached. We can’t just say that despite our confirmation and that of our accountants that our last accounts were a true reflection of our financial position, actually they weren’t!

i can’t see any good reason for filing late yet again.

absolute shambles 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

I'm just glad he isn't the Joe Biden of it. He'd be turning up at the AMEX expecting to watch Wednesday.

At least he’d listen to his advisors, take some responsibility and try to improve the conditions of this football club. 

I’d choose a self made man over a spoilt daddy’s boy as our owner every day of the week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Get the pitch forks at the ready here comes all the business men, to tell us how much of a disgrace this is and don’t forget all those fans who wait to read through the accounts with the same excitement they have waiting for Christmas Day knowing they can vent their fury and embarrassment all over social media Without actually knowing what they’re talking about.                                 WTF:

3 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I've heard there's a late amendment. Something to do with a gold elephant being sold for 80mil. 

Will sell it too late and have it backdated.

"Wednesday get charged over sale of golden elephant"

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Will sell it too late and have it backdated.

"Wednesday get charged over sale of golden elephant"

Blame the monk. Not ours, the robed one. 

1 hour ago, Asio otus said:

I think you are reading too much into it. Nothing at all to worry about.

If, and it is an "If" because we don't know, but if the panel were given new or different information than was given to the auditor prior to them signing the 17/18 accounts then it is not reading too much into it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kobayashi said:

But if it is because the panel was given more or different information than was provided to the auditor then that would be totally different

Misleading an auditor is a serious criminal offence. The auditors would also include any non cooperation in their report also

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Why can't we be a normal club doing normal things at the normal time.

It gets sickening the amount of stuff we as supporters heve to deal with. All we want is a football club and chairman and manager and players we can be proud of. 

If they are not very good then OK we can deal with that as long as the whole thing is done in an honest transparent way. 

If everybody is doing their honest best fine. 

We would like success but we would also like people from other clubs to look up to us and admire the way we go about our business. 

In Carlos first season we got rave reviews from the media and other managers. We were proud to be Wednesdayites. Since then it's gone down hill and over the cliff. 

Oh to be normal again. Every day we see another problem. Everyday we wonder where we are going to be tomorrow, next week, next month. 

We need closure on everything that's going on. 

Let's get back to normal. 

Only one man can get us back on track. That's our leader Mr Chansiri. He needs to sort himself out and get our club going in an upward direction. 

What in the world do you have to deal with, you're a fan/supporter that's it. 

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

think people are just bashing the club 

I'm not shy at that, but blimey given the circumstances give them a break

Bit of the old pile on culture innit. 

We will see if there is anything in it, but it may be nothing. 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Eh?

They've simply reported that the accounts are late (they are)
And that there's nothing to worry about at all at this stage (there isn't)

Nothing wrong with reporting that at all

Informative but actually zero to worry about

• Like 1