SWFC late to file accounts again

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

In fairness we can’t submit them until we know which set of accounts the stadium sale goes in, this’ll not be sorted until after any potential appeal.

rubbish. You can submit as it stands and then submit an amendment. Poor

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

rubbish. You can submit as it stands and then submit an amendment. Poor

The accounts from the 2017/18 year included the sale of the stadium and have been passed by an independent auditor as a true record etc.

The EFL ruling found that the sale shouldn't have been included in the mentioned year. We are deciding whether to appeal that decision so holding off on the accounts makes perfect sense and Companies House and the relevant authorities have been kept abreast of the current situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Quite a strange situation that our accounts in previous years, as lodged with the tax and business authorities in this land, are fine, legal and above board.

Yet we may now be delaying recent ones, because there may need to be a change and a movement from a previous years accounts, because a golf club we belong do didn't like them.

10 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Is there actually any evidence or official statement that the accounts haven't been submitted, or are the Star just basing this on the fact that Companies House haven't updated their online records yet?

Filed accounts show on Companies house within 24 hours of being file, if they are posted they take longer but very few people post accounts in anymore.

image.png.8377d8a9a2d1d484548182e2cd0cb0c4.png

37 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Quite a strange situation that our accounts in previous years, as lodged with the tax and business authorities in this land, are fine, legal and above board.

Yet we may now be delaying recent ones, because there may need to be a change and a movement from a previous years accounts, because a golf club we belong do didn't like them.

My memory isn't the best these days.

Therefore I could be wrong, but I'm sure I've seen posts and news articles stating we've been late submitting our accounts almost every year since Dc took over, last year's were also late. 

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Doesn't really say much for corporate governance, does it?

How much longer are the club going to treat supporters like mugs and keep us completely in the dark about what is going on?  

Well at Charlton it allegedly took multiple protests & season ticket sales falling off a cliff.Reality is,as long as we(the fans/supporters) keep stumping up for watching the Owls ,merchandise,etc...(which many,allegedly think massively overpriced & not value for money) nothing in my view will change.

I didn't agree with the original ticket price 'jump' which on the spot,made it almost impossible for people who had followed the Club all their life,unable or unwilling,to pay.Not everyone can afford to commit to a season ticket,many others through work,or family(divorced kids at weekends,etc) can not either,but would attend select match's,and support the Club,when they could.

NO its not an digression from an'accounts' topic,but you asked how much longer the Club were going to treat us,allegedly'like mugs'..

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Am I right in thinking with the stadium sale, putting it in the year we put it in we would have passed FFP. Wasnt that the whole reason for doing it in the first place. So the fact we got a points deduction means they dismissed that and the stadium sale will go in this set of accounts.

Agree,

so does this mean that because it's in the 2018/2019 accounts submitted to the authorities it will be in the same year for FFP for the EFL.

Or do we have to change it to the 2019/2020 accounts.

We could end up with the Stadium sale in 2018/2019 in one set of accounts and a separate account showing

the same Stadium sale in 2019/2020, just for EFL purposes.

Surely this is illegal?

Edited by daleblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Nobody outside of the the club/EFL/Independent Panel knows whether it is anything to worry about or not because nobody knows why the panel reached their decision. If it was because the professional judgements presented to them was different, then that is one thing - professionals can validly hold different opinions and panels sitting in judgement ultimately have to favour one over the other. But if it is because the panel was given more or different information than was provided to the auditor then that would be totally different, and would make the filing of 2018/19 very difficult and would definitely be something to worry about.

17 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Nobody outside of the the club/EFL/Independent Panel knows whether it is anything to worry about or not because nobody knows why the panel reached their decision. If it was because the professional judgements presented to them was different, then that is one thing - professionals can validly hold different opinions and panels sitting in judgement ultimately have to favour one over the other. But if it is because the panel was given more or different information than was provided to the auditor then that would be totally different, and would make the filing of 2018/19 very difficult and would definitely be something to worry about.

I think you are reading too much into it. Nothing at all to worry about.

• Like 1