Jump to content
The Claw

Assault on the young fan at dingles

Recommended Posts

Just now, Hookowl said:

 

You're not talking from experience are you ?

lol

 

 

Hopefully from the receiving end, would make sense of a few things. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:



Have you ever got your baton and instead of hitting them, you ram them in the eyes with it?

I bet that's more effective than just whacking someone?

 

A proper eye ramming would disable the enemy for a good twenty minutes as they fall to the floor clutching their eye with both hands, shouting 'AGGHHHHH..... MY EYE.....'

It was alleged at times that soldier's used to put batteries in Baton guns and then fire them at the floor, thus opening up the entire target area. (This was never found to be true I hasten to add). The baton's we used were often referred to as 'pig sticks' (good for bashing blades.....only joking) and were made of hickory and didn't have the reach of the public order batons of today so a good eye jabbing often occurred when things went sideways and you were in danger of being overran 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Truncheon to the red area, they’re going down.

image.jpeg

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Can't help feeling that if it was the man in the street he would have been to court and it all be sorted out by now.

 

Why the delay? 

EFL dealing with it.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The truncheon for it’s size can be a very effective weapon in the police’s armoury.

image.jpeg.5373e6221734250a804dfd677f562a25.jpeg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

 

The Covid might be a reason but known plenty to be charged on the day, then sorted out in court within a few weeks.

 

But I'll give you that.

 

 

We all know it is one rule for them and one for us. Would have thought it will be sorted. In fairness things are changing 20 years ago this would not have been news and a PC would not even had to answer to any charge or investigation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

We all know it is one rule for them and one for us. Would have thought it will be sorted. In fairness things are changing 20 years ago this would not have been news and a PC would not even had to answer to any charge or investigation.

 

Well if good quality cameras and the internet weren't so easily available, I would doubt if it would have even been a thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Well if good quality cameras and the internet weren't so easily available, I would doubt if it would have even been a thing. 

Policing in the uk is by consent not by brute force and ignorance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Claw said:

Policing in the uk is by consent not by brute force and ignorance

 

 

That's the ideal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

That's the ideal. 

No that's fact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Hopefully from the receiving end, would make sense of a few things. 

 

Have you got inside information Inspector ?

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

 

Have you got inside information Inspector ?

lol

 

 

If I had it would only get deleted.  You never know whose watching in here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

 

Could you paste the article on here mate, as the stir website is unreadable. 

 

Working fine.

 

Have tried wearing glasses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

but has been placed on restricted duties

 

“Tea or coffee mate? Would you like any biscuits?” 

 

*pushes trolley towards next colleague* 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Minton said:

 

I doubt it. Cases can take an awfully long time to get to court, particularly if there is a backlog and the current covid situation has meant that the number of cases seen per day has dropped even further. 

While Covid has undoubtedly led to a further backlog of cases we should be careful not to let the planned narrative take hold that it is entirely due to Covid.  There has been a backlog for years, due almost entirely to the deliberate chronic underfunding of the criminal justice system since austerity was introduced in 2010.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

If not the reality 

Policing is by consent only a busy can only speak to you if you consent to it, they can only detain you if they have reasonable suspicion to do so. So walking into a train station minding your own business then being hit over the head with an offensive weapon is neither reasonable nor by consent, it's GBH with intent to cause bodily harm . Good night copper!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Claw said:

Policing is by consent only a busy can only speak to you if you consent to it, they can only detain you if they have reasonable suspicion to do so. So walking into a train station minding your own business then being hit over the head with an offensive weapon is neither reasonable nor by consent, it's GBH with intent to cause bodily harm . Good night copper!

 

Yeah, I know all that.  My point is that all the evidence has to be seen, if there is more to be gone through then the law has a duty to look at it.

 

I will be gobsmacked if there is any other judgement than guilty.

 

I have already questioned why it's taking so long to come to a decision when for and intense purposes it's an open and shut case.  

 

But we can't just make an instant judgement on what we have seen in a ten-second video clip. Damming as it is. 

 

Why it's not already been sorted is beyond me though.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Yeah, I know all that.  My point is that all the evidence has to be seen, if there is more to be gone through then the law has a duty to look at it.

 

I will be gobsmacked if there is any other judgement than guilty.

 

I have already questioned why it's taking so long to come to a decision when for and intense purposes it's an open and shut case.  

 

But we can't just make an instant judgement on what we have seen in a ten-second video clip. Damming as it is. 

 

Why it's not already been sorted is beyond me though.

 

 

Police lawyers are very good in using statute of limitations particularly the cps, a very wise man once said to me. Son never defend the indefenceable it makes you look silly and stupid.

by not taking action sypf are looking just that, because and unreasonable act by joe public is jumped all over by them, a copper is duty bound to prosecute where a complaint is made. And so it should be if the other way around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...