Mr S Gray over 5 years on

36 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Nobody was complaining when we reached the play off final and while disappointed we lost to Hull there was great optimism that the following season would see the team improve and go one better. Sadly this is where it started to wrong.

Spot on. Quite a few posts and comments here saying Gray was the man and should never have been replaced yet I doubt there were any of these comments during the 2 seasons after he had gone when we were in the play offs.... As I've said before, hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

• Thanks 1

Gray was building a decent side with zero resources.  I have to admit to being annoyed when he was pushed out.  Even more so several weeks later when DC's big replacement was some total random journeyman who had never stayed at one club for longer than a season. 

I guess Gray never wrote any books about tactical periodicalisation or whatever though... 

• Like 3

I like Gray a lot. He had a lot of fine qualities and was starting to build a team that was hard to beat. Having  a bit of money to spend would have shown if he could have taken us into the play offs, The chances of that are good but there are question marks over whether he could build an attacking side. I would like us to have given him a chance to prove he'd got that ability.

Not to be sadly and now it's old news, We will never know what could have been, Time to move on  annd not live in the past.

So, Fulham get promoted and it's down to S Grey, not their manager or highly expensive squad? 

As fans we have a load of things to be concerned and annoyed about right now. Replacing Grey with Carlos is not one of them!

Edited by Burnsie
  • Like 3