Wednesday 15th best team at "pressing" in Europe

15 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I’m confused. There’s a heck of a lot of small clubs in there that have overachieved. 

Only underachievers in that list are us. Lots of relegation and bottom half candidates don’t go down and finish top half and European places.

Keeps top sides at the top and average/crap sides do much better than expected.

Seriously? 

A side relegated from the Championship, a side that would have been relagated from the Championship if not for the other sides points deduction, two mid-table championship sides, one with just about the worst form imaginable, Leeds, and a bunch of European giants? 

It seems like 'pressing' has very little impact on league position from that sample. 

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can I also point out that this stat is NOT the 15th best team in the Championship

Nor is it the 15th best in the COUNTRY

It's the FIFTEENTH BEST IN EUROPE

Read that again...

EUROPE

Fifteenth 'best' in Europe at a completely meaningless stat. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

You don't win the league at Christmas, look at the league at the end of the season, it was shambolic and there is no defence to keep him other than we are a complete joke of a club.

He wasn't even the 1st choice, if you look at the press conference when he was appointed, DC couldn't look less interested if he wanted to.

Spot on. Let's look at graphs at Christmas as they looked good. The important one is the most recent form table and the end of season league position. We can all pick a point in a season where we were quite good (generally) but as the saying goes it's a marathon not a sprint. 

If the pressing stat is that accurate and reflective why did our results deteriorate so rapidly in the second half of the season on the back of this?! 

• Like 1

Just now, N0rtherner said:

They had to make up some obscure statistic just so that Leeds could come out top of the table. Judging from the pic in OT, looks like something posted by L**ds official twitter account...

What difference does it make who posts a factual statistic?

A fact is a fact

Owlstalk Shop

The reason there's a weird mix of teams is that the stat is completely useless, I like football stats but taken by itself this is possibly one of the least useful I've seen, it doesn't correlate strongly with how good a team is at pressing at all, it simply means we allow however many passes per defensive action.

No indication of pressing at all.

6 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

The reason there's a weird mix of teams is that the stat is completely useless, I like football stats but taken by itself this is possibly one of the least useful I've seen, it doesn't correlate strongly with how good a team is at pressing at all, it simply means we allow however many passes per defensive action.

No indication of pressing at all.

Shush, Neil is enjoying his hero Monk making us into the 15th best pressing team in Europe. Even though nobody even knows what it means.

• Haha 1