Wednesday 15th best team at "pressing" in Europe

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You can't say you use graphs for evidence of something and then deny the graph in the first post in this thread

The only graphs that concern me the form guide and the league table, I couldn't give a monkey's throw that we press more than Liverpool, as our Lord Gary Megson said, Its all about winning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And how did those look at Christmas?

You don't win the league at Christmas, look at the league at the end of the season, it was shambolic and there is no defence to keep him other than we are a complete joke of a club.

He wasn't even the 1st choice, if you look at the press conference when he was appointed, DC couldn't look less interested if he wanted to.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

You don't win the league at Christmas, look at the league at the end of the season, it was shambolic and there is no defence to keep him other than we are a complete joke of a club.

He wasn't even the 1st choice, if you look at the press conference when he was appointed, DC couldn't look less interested if he wanted to.

Yeah but how did the form and league table look at Christmas?

That was the (pretty simple) question

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Ok - i’ll suggest it... do you think they mean Sheffield United?

What I thought when I saw it - if true you can forgive them, we are the biggest, oldest, best, sexiest, better genitailia'd, better supping, better sexually skilled three quarters of Sheffield. Easy to forget about them. 

If only we had the acoustics to match dem blayads. 

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but how did the form and league table look at Christmas?

That was the (pretty simple) question

Up to Christmas it looked good, although I would say we punched above our weight and were largely a one person team ie Fletcher.

Sadly we were found out and dropped like a stone, had it not been for a global pandemic we would have followed Hull out of the league.

Unless you live on Planet Chansiri there is not an argument to keep him.

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You can't say you use graphs for evidence of something and then deny the graph in the first post in this thread

😂

"You can't trust graphs and data like that because; if you look here, at this other graph and data..."

Wow I’ve found a thread on owls talk where people understand football. 
you could see after the break we were much better at pressing and if we could defend and finish better we would have had a better run of results. Pressing high means you have to contain and win the ball and defensively we were seen for what we are if we didn’t win the ball . 
I’ll reiterate GM was not my first choice but given what I saw after the break I’m quite optimistic 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

Gettin like utd us with all thrse new 'honours'..lets rename the south..'the 15th best pressers in europe stand' 🏆⚽

10 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

Wow I’ve found a thread on owls talk where people understand football. 
you could see after the break we were much better at pressing and if we could defend and finish better we would have had a better run of results. Pressing high means you have to contain and win the ball and defensively we were seen for what we are if we didn’t win the ball . 
I’ll reiterate GM was not my first choice but given what I saw after the break I’m quite optimistic 

Your post is basically saying

If you ignore goals scored and goals conceded we are quite good.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4