Moses Odubajo

5 hours ago, McRightSide said:

More potential than Palmer IMO

Yep. Odubajo looked way ahead of anything Palmer's produced when he played at right back in Hull's promotion season.

His injury really seems to have hit him for six, though.

Hopefully he can rediscover the form he showed a few season ago.

45 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

This is probably true, Odubajo would likely go to a well organised team and do alright.  You can tell from his skill levels on the ball that there’s a decent play there. Hopefully we see the best from him next season 

Remember too at Hull they had huddleston & livermore in midfield who while good players were also very good at screening the back four. 

• Like 1

Will get better the more he plays. Always looked dangerous playing against us and turned in some improved performances at right wing back. Would pick him in that position over Palmer.

Note to Monk: A back three consisting of him and Palmer will not end well.

It’s alright harking back to what he did 4 years ago, but on that basis, we’d have surely kept Forestieri. Nothing I’ve seen since he’s been here, suggests he’s anywhere near those standards. If we do continue with the wing back option, I’m not adverse to persisting with him in the hope that he comes good. As a full back though, he’s awful, and not a patch on Palmer. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

He did alright at the back end of the season in patches going forward.

As a defender, he's a calamity!

Can’t see why Monk previously told him he didn’t have a future with us. Thought giving away penalties and giving opponents a three goal head start was part of Monk’s “system”.

Not good enough defensively - offers more than Palmer going forward, but until he improves his defending, that’s not much compensation. 

Needs to stop being reckless and giving away unnecessary penalties 

Jury’s still out IMHO as to whether he’s going to make the grade here or not 

12 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I dunno there’s just something I like about him. He’s a modern day player who needs better coaching and will hopefully improve his temperament and decision making as he gets older 

He’s already 27

Get shut. No good enough. 

If he's anywhere near out box the sure panic and pandemonium he causes is unrivalled. 

Quite the feat when we've had the likes of maddix, purse, Morrison, Barry Murphy, Westwood, aranalde, Branston and Beswetherick over the years

Guest Bulgaria
22 hours ago, McRightSide said:

More potential than Palmer IMO

Totally.

Palmer has been treading water for the last 3 years, strikes me as someone who just does the bare minimum. He should be one of the main players at Hillsborough by now, he is far from it.