Moses Odubajo

A very interesting read; thanks for posting.

Odubajo's Wednesday career has been very curious, as he's clearly got it in him to be a very good right-back at this level. The way he played at Hull showed that, as did the fact that Bruce wanted to work with him again.

He's clearly aware of the fact that he's largely failed to impress so far and seems determined to put that right, so fair play to him.

Let's hope he can manage it, as he could go on to be an important player for us yet.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

A very interesting read; thanks for posting.

Odubajo's Wednesday career has been very curious, as he's clearly got it in him to be a very good right-back at this level. The way he played at Hull showed that, as did the fact that Bruce wanted to work with him again.

He's clearly aware of the fact that he's largely failed to impress so far and seems determined to put that right, so fair play to him.

Let's hope he can manage it, as he could go on to be an important player for us yet.

This. He has had a mare of a season for us, but look at his career he’s been a good right back at this level. Can he over come his bad form here, we’ll it certainly seems like he’s determined too which is a good thing. 

When the alternative is Palmer then we need him too. 

• Like 4

With the lack of available RB or RWB options available to us he has the opportunity to make the position his if he can cut out the defensive errors. He was a solid RB and RWB in the Hull promotion season and Brentford were well impressed with him the season before last. Don’t know if he’s trying too hard or if it’s a confidence thing right now put the player is in there. Just needs the right coaching team around him to prize it out again. 

• Like 3

Same as everyone else for me. 

We need two things in this window if possible. An old warhorse of a cb dosent have to be the best at this level, but capeble of doing what Dawson did at Hull /forest or our former skipper loovens. 

No2 a proper defensive coach to help monk out and organise the sqaud as I don't think either monk on his own or Bullen is capable of doing that. 

What I find interesting is that Monk basically said that Odubajo is not in his plans and would be better off moving elsewhere, but he seems to have worked himself back into contention. If that is so, even if he is a calamity defense-wise, it's very respectable. I know some players who would have happily sat their contract out.

Edited by FinnishOwl
  • Like 1

Hull had Dawson martialing and organising that Hull back four, a real captain and proper leader. 

His manager (Bruce) was also, whilst not being a great player, was always part of an extremely effective and well drilled back four. 

One of Brentfords main strengths is being a tough organised side. 

Some players need to be talked to and lead on the field. We've no real leaders or organisers out on the pitch and our lack of a defensive coach is glaring. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Same as everyone else for me. 

We need two things in this window if possible. An old warhorse of a cb dosent have to be the best at this level, but capeble of doing what Dawson did at Hull /forest or our former skipper loovens. 

No2 a proper defensive coach to help monk out and organise the sqaud as I don't think either monk on his own or Bullen is capable of doing that. 

Though until Monk tinkered, for the last 3 or 4 seasons, we’ve had one of the better defensive records in the division. Palmer, Iorfa, and Borner, is three quarters of a solid enough back four in this division. 
Think we got sidetracked by our concern that the full backs weren’t offering enough going forward. That, and the loss of our midfield defensive shield, meant we removed our defensive solidity. Tinkering didn’t make us any more potent going forward, so I’d rather have stuck to us being hard to beat

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Hull had Dawson martialing and organising that Hull back four, a real captain and proper leader. 

His manager (Bruce) was also, whilst not being a great player, was always part of an extremely effective and well drilled back four. 

One of Brentfords main strengths is being a tough organised side. 

Some players need to be talked to and lead on the field. We've no real leaders or organisers out on the pitch and our lack of a defensive coach is glaring. 

This is probably true, Odubajo would likely go to a well organised team and do alright.  You can tell from his skill levels on the ball that there’s a decent play there. Hopefully we see the best from him next season 

• Like 1