Adthe Nuhiu and Kieran Lee could be staying at SWFC

1 minute ago, waddleisgod said:

The attitude and comradeship in the dressing room will be key in overcoming the 12 points!!

I believe these 2 are positive influences around the club so it could make sense,

Players like Reach need to be 100% on side or forget them!

Absolutely. The atmosphere around the place will need to be 100 percent 

I personally believe that we can do this, and pull back the difference

• Like 1

Stamina to play all out for the full 90 minutes.  A bit of pace too. The freshness a new player brings to the team.  A tough mentality for the difficult moments in a game, over a season.

Not sure those two can satisfy the above.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

As usual many Owls fans are living in cloud cuckoo land. We will attract NOBODY decent as we are almost certain to go down. If these two want to stay, as long as it’s on reduced terms, we need to be biting their hands off and doing the deals.

We are in no way 'certain to go down'..but if Monk,or the 'team' have that attitude going forward mate,we probably will....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Really dont understand such comments...would you like him to be running at a tired Wednesday defence at 80 minutes plus,for another Championship side? with us starting -12?...no thanks,We might need those 6 points...On his money,with only 1 recognized striker,it would be good business for us.I still think if he doesnt stay,he will go abroad,but if not,i would be happy for him to stay.

Running a strange word to use in describing an attribute endorsing the threat Nuhiu brings. If they both accepted 1 year 5k deals a reasonable shout anything more its a No from me.

57 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

As usual many Owls fans are living in cloud cuckoo land. We will attract NOBODY decent as we are almost certain to go down. If these two want to stay, as long as it’s on reduced terms, we need to be biting their hands off and doing the deals.

With a mind set like that, thank f@@@ you aren’t playing for the club. 

We are not “almost certain to go down” - it’s negative nonsense. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Andrew6666 said:

Great for Lee to stay.

Nuhiu - can 2020 get any worse!!!

Why? Considering that we have now signed that young lad from man city, we’ve actually got quite a few options in cm (Luongo, banan, hunt, pelupessy (unfortunately)) 

Up front, as it stands we have Rhodes that’s it.

• Like 1

Lee, probably my favourite player in our recent history.

Nuhiu, great character, always a handful.

And yet, it will feel like another backward step if we re-sign them even in the short term. We simply have to find ways to move forwards.

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Running a strange word to use in describing an attribute endorsing the threat Nuhiu brings. If they both accepted 1 year 5k deals a reasonable shout anything more its a No from me.

You might want to reflect  Big Daves goals(with Lucas) Kept us in the Championship,when other more 'talented' Players were 'injured'.....Ati's stats on goals after  90 mins speak for them self...Need some shrewd decision making,& damage limitation.

Players nearly always play out of their skin,against former sides,often scoring...How many times have Wednesday conceded in the late stages of a game?Dave a an impact player,running/walking/tripping/jogging...Pick whichever you like...going at our defence....not going to end well...

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I just think it is time for both to go they have been good servants but with limit money to try and rebuild the team, for me Lee is going to be on £10-15k a week and Nuihu probably at least £10k a week for that we could get in 3 or 4 younger hungry players that are going to be able to play 40+ games not 20 games.

Sign a team of young inexperienced players for a relegation scrap and after half a dozen games  it will inevitably be “they need taking out of the 1st team limelight to recover fitness/form/freshness”. 

Just now, hasthagotanycheese said:

Please god no. Adthe's like the undead zombie footballer that cant be killed and keeps coming back just when you think you have finally gotten rid.

That's what the opposition defenders say and why Nuhiu's the perfect man to have in your squad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Make Nuhiu captain 😇

Seriously though he seems a good egg and is a superb option to have from the bench (if he is happy with that)

Next season is about survival now and we could do a lot worse than these two as lets not ruin youngsters coming in with over expectations that they are the "answer"