@owlstalk

Adthe Nuhiu and Kieran Lee could be staying at SWFC

2 hours ago, Ian said:

You’re getting closer to the truth......keep going and you might get there eventually....probably worth cutting out all the ‘chat’ until you are a bit closer to the facts though 

Patronise away mate,...Wouldn't change my view of Daves worth at S6,as nothing i can say about him,would change yours. And 'facts'..? Stats people quote,are either right or wrong....if you have something to say,say it.I dont post on here to compare d**k size,or to try to trip people up....Ime a Wednesday fan,& i want whats best for my Club.

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

If both would take reduced salaries with a view to being bit part players for us it could make sense with out current plight /situation. If we're going to sign younger players with a viw to them improving then both Lee and Nuhiu have the sort of work ethic and professional attitude you want to try to instil good role models. 

Both could indeed offer something, but if they re-sign, there is less scope to make the significant changes Monk believes he needs to make. 

50 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Both could indeed offer something, but if they re-sign, there is less scope to make the significant changes Monk believes he needs to make. 

The head agreas with you on that one bud. 

That said monk can re build his first team, but you still need subs and reserves and on a lower deal I therfore would still keep both around to come in and do a job when needed just not on first team 11 wages. 

Lee especially has the air to me as someone who would make a good coach or assistant at some point when he retires, not that vocal but dosent give in and always puts a shift in a good example to kids like Hunt & kirby etc. 

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

If both would take reduced salaries with a view to being bit part players for us it could make sense with out current plight /situation. If we're going to sign younger players with a viw to them improving then both Lee and Nuhiu have the sort of work ethic and professional attitude you want to try to instil good role models. 

Exactly...simply can not turn a team around in a season where we start-12..These players are experienced Championship veterans.

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Exactly...simply can not turn a team around in a season where we start-12..These players are experienced Championship veterans.

My thoughts exactly bud. 

Though I was also in thinking your influenced by those around you at work all day especially at a younger age, therfore having players that push you and put hard work in will will be a positive influence. When your surrounded by lazy or sloppy people it will in turn breed that environment. 

13 minutes ago, parajack said:

Absolutely and we've only got 6 weeks to get everybody in...it's a no brainer for me as you know what you're getting with Adthe and Keiron 

• Like 3

I really am troubled by this. As I’ve said, I can make a case for keeping both players. 
However, the aim was to reduce the size of the squad, but at the same time, allow Monk the opportunity of a proper rebuild. If only 5 leave, plus the loanees, most of whom were brought in to temporary replace those who had left, how do we achieve those aims? Unless we are now prepared to run with a bigger squad, or we believe we can move some contracted players on, then I don’t see things being any better than what we’ve witnessed

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 05/08/2020 at 12:05, GLOwl said:

You need to look at the reasons I listed those players, cheaper wages and better than Lee. Otherwise, it was a good response 😀

Utter nonsense. Swift has two Premier league clubs after him, never coming here. Clucas reportedly on around £37k a week and as for Woods he has been atrocious recently. He mustered all of one assist this season. Apart from that though a good trio to list 👌 

Edited by One De Bilde
error

28 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Utter nonsense. Swift has two Premier league clubs after him, never coming here. Clucas reportedly on around £37k a week and as for Woods he has been atrocious recently. He mustered all of one assist this season. Apart from that though a good trio to list 👌 

All 3 better players than Lee and on less wages. What you've posted doesn't alter that.

19 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

All 3 better players than Lee and on less wages. What you've posted doesn't alter 

ha ha ok. I asked who you would get as a replacement, you have just mentioned 3 players who aren't suitable for different reasons.

Swift - Premier league clubs after him. Would never come here in a million years. 

Clucas - on more than Lee (not sure where you are getting he is on less, nonsense) and we couldn't afford him.

Woods - In atrocious form, as I mentioned one assist all season and has spent the last two years on loan. Genuinely think Lee still offers more.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, parajack said:

Patronise away mate,...Wouldn't change my view of Daves worth at S6,as nothing i can say about him,would change yours. And 'facts'..? Stats people quote,are either right or wrong....if you have something to say,say it.I dont post on here to compare d**k size,or to try to trip people up....Ime a Wednesday fan,& i want whats best for my Club.

You probably want to stop digging now.....just admit your “facts” were in the region of 30-50% wrong and move on.

and the very thought that I don’t say something on here when I have something to say is just laughable.....I’ve even got High Court proof of it!!

Edited by Ian
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Ian said:

You probably want to stop digging now.....just admit your “facts” were in the region of 30-50% wrong and move on.

and the very thought that I don’t say something on here when I have something to say is just laughable.....I’ve even got High Court proof of it!!

Say what you like,whats it matter?.... & NO i could care less  post away...'stop digging',? i didnt realise i was talking to Perry Mason,didnt even know he was a Wednesday supporter..Ive already told you if ive misread the ref,ive misread...it YOU move on...

.Point out what you feel Daves goal stats are for season 2020 if you have them,& they differ to those i posted.EASY..than we can discuss further....Perhaps ime also wrong about Dave & Lucas goals also keeping us in the Championship under Jos...?High Court proof of it?....TBH if im'e mistaken,than im'e mistaken,wont change my view overall,but TBH your making yourself look foolish posting like you are.

4 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Absolutely and we've only got 6 weeks to get everybody in...it's a no brainer for me as you know what you're getting with Adthe and Keiron 

4 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

My thoughts exactly bud. 

Though I was also in thinking your influenced by those around you at work all day especially at a younger age, therfore having players that push you and put hard work in will will be a positive influence. When your surrounded by lazy or sloppy people it will in turn breed that environment. 

With the forensic analysis you get,if you dare to say or agree with such mate,you would think that people were asleep when they saw Joey had been re contracted.Did the penny not drop than,what next season was likely to be like? and that was before our points deduction.

IF these players remain,they are as i said experienced Championship veterans,& it would make sense to allow them to give support to younger,more inexperienced players,with no knowledge of S6.

Joey for me,no more than a squad player & not in my view Championship standard,but who knows in the right 'systym' amongst different players,he may prove more effective.Who knows?

9 minutes ago, parajack said:

Can't agree more with needing experienced heads alongside youngsters. 

As for joey he's another enigma, we're good at getting those, came as a defensive midfielder ball winner. 

Havnt watched Dutch football, but it must be like the old Italian stuff used to be walking tempo followed by a quick burst of energy then walking tempo again. becouse lad hardly ever seems to get close enough to get challenge in. 

Strikes a ball technically very well. With good power,yet his set pieces are poor. 

For me the best we can hope for is in midfield 3 bannan on the left, a proper high energy box to box player on the right to help out defencive screening and joey sitting in the middle doing what he seemed effective at which was those little lay off balls to players around him and being available to receive a pass, so he can then move it on to someone else. 

21 hours ago, Ian said:

Had a look and they still aren’t there...help me out and list the 10 teams he scored against 

I'm indifference to Nuhiu, I'm not sentimental by nature so if we can get better I'd get rid tomorrow. 

If we're on about the carlos/jos season when we had nobody else fit by Christmas, 13 goals in all competitions springs to mind, including 2 great goals against Leeds in a blizzard and a wonder goal cutting in from out wide against I think it was Preston. 

By the way a little snippet from his wikepedia guys (I know it's not set in stone) 

Screenshot_20200806-182721.png

1 hour ago, One De Bilde said:

ha ha ok. I asked who you would get as a replacement, you have just mentioned 3 players who aren't suitable for different reasons.

Swift - Premier league clubs after him. Would never come here in a million years. 

Clucas - on more than Lee (not sure where you are getting he is on less, nonsense) and we couldn't afford him.

Woods - In atrocious form, as I mentioned one assist all season and has spent the last two years on loan. Genuinely think Lee still offers more.

Swift might come here for the right offer, who knows?

Have you seen Lee and Clucas pay packets?

Woods in atrocious form? Ever present in the championship for the last 5 years, ok 😂.

You like Lee in his present state, I don't, simple.

7 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Swift might come here for the right offer, who knows?

Have you seen Lee and Clucas pay packets?

Woods in atrocious form? Ever present in the championship for the last 5 years, ok 😂.

You like Lee in his present state, I don't, simple.

Swift will never come here. 

Have you seen their pay packets to categorically state that Swift, Clucas and Woods are all on less than Lee...That's sort of my point 😆 

As for Woods, ever present for the last 5 years ha ha ha. You are talking utter nonsense, please take a look at his stats. Why have Stoke loaned him out for the last 2 seasons?

You said you wouldn't offer Lee a new deal as there are better options. I asked who, you gave me 3 names who aren't suitable. Simple

1 hour ago, One De Bilde said:

Swift will never come here. 

Have you seen their pay packets to categorically state that Swift, Clucas and Woods are all on less than Lee...That's sort of my point 😆 

As for Woods, ever present for the last 5 years ha ha ha. You are talking utter nonsense, please take a look at his stats. Why have Stoke loaned him out for the last 2 seasons?

You said you wouldn't offer Lee a new deal as there are better options. I asked who, you gave me 3 names who aren't suitable. Simple

I repeat, swift may come here, who knows what his options and demands are?

I'm not "categorically" stating that any of them are on less than Lee. I was saying they could be, and I reckon Woods and swift probably are.

I've just look at woods stats, and I'm not talking utter nonsense. He is a championship ever present for the last 5 years.

Debate by all means, but cut out the aggressive words and comments, they're not welcome.

On 04/08/2020 at 11:02, Kameron said:

Have we learnt nothing? move on FFS.

Exactly, so much for Monks big clearing out the failures from previous seasons. Looks more like retaining our poorer players and adding freebies, not exactly a recipe for success.

45 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

I repeat, swift may come here, who knows what his options and demands are?

I'm not "categorically" stating that any of them are on less than Lee. I was saying they could be, and I reckon Woods and swift probably are.

I've just look at woods stats, and I'm not talking utter nonsense. He is a championship ever present for the last 5 years.

Debate by all means, but cut out the aggressive words and comments, they're not welcome.

Well you could say that about every player in the world, they may come here, we both know Swift will not.

You weren't saying they could be at all, you said they were all on less than Lee and better.

I'm sorry but you obviously don't understand the meaning of ever present.

Don't believe I've been aggressive but Let's just agree we won't agree 👍