Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Monk is probably desperate to get out. Was decent odds for him and the Bournemouth job

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

But there was no shrieking to remove Ron Atkinson, even after the sale of one of our best players; season ticket sales increased and we had arguably our best season since the 1930s.

If social media was around back then, I believe there would have been.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jim said:

I think he’s on his way to Bournemouth TBH. It feels like Steve Bruce all over again. I never thought he’d get the gig at St James Park but he did and I get the same feeling with regards to Monk. It seems unlikely but it will probably happen? The difference this time is that Bullen will probably be given the managers job straight away 😳

Absolutely no chance will Monk be Bournemouth manager.

 

Surely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

 

Times have clearly changed in that regard. In 1989/90 we started the season scoring just 2 goals in 12 games and took a couple of hammerings in the process; eventually being relegated. But there was no shrieking to remove Ron Atkinson, even after the sale of one of our best players; season ticket sales increased and we had arguably our best season since the 1930s.

 

It would be interesting to see how modern supporters would react to these circumstances.

 

 

You have hit the nail on the head there.  Every season twenty odd managers fail to get up in the Prem does that make them all failures? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Bournemouth forum etc. there is almost total horror at the thought of Tindall getting the job. Trouble is, they think somebody like Gerrard or Hughton will want the job. Imagine the shock and awe if they unveiled the mighty Monk as the appointment. Would love it for so many reasons. 
 

Any road, can one of you brilliant avatar designers come up with a Disney-esque Mighty Monk figure, complete with cape.. I’ve even provided a template! 

 

image.jpeg.ccc483682e7eeb0574c6ea3b8f1f7454.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good news lads...Monk just got a three year deal to give some consistency to the club during our rebuild  

Edited by daveyboy66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Good news lads...Monkj ust got a three year deal to give some consistency to the club during our rebuild  

 

I really hope you’re joking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GLOwl said:

He's a clever (short name for someone called Richard) to have made it to the other side of the river with no legs and just one arm 😂

 

He should change his name to Bob in that case.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

Absolutely no chance will Monk be Bournemouth manager.

 

Surely.

 

Agree mate. Can't see Bournemouth even considering Monk 

 

Oh, and don't call me Shirley. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

 

Agree mate. Can't see Bournemouth even considering Monk 

 

Oh, and don't call me Shirley. 


Shirley 36 Owl. Sounds interesting!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/08/2020 at 13:58, Asio otus said:

People who "hate" Monk, will "hate" the next manager also if they dont bring immediate success,

 

some of our fans have delusions of grandiosity when it comes to the club. They seem to forgot we have been swimming in the same pond with the likes of 

 

Barnsley for the past 20 years.

 

Don’t worry we’ll be spending a few quid soon to try get into a bigger pond. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ll prob all end up with egg on our faces next year but I just don’t see anything that’s gonna change. Guy just doesn’t have a clue. No plan B. C. Or Z. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Monk is probably desperate to get out. Was decent odds for him and the Bournemouth job

I keep getting my hopes raised!

And I continue to pray for salvation ! 

Beach is good !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

 

Times have clearly changed in that regard. In 1989/90 we started the season scoring just 2 goals in 12 games and took a couple of hammerings in the process; eventually being relegated. But there was no shrieking to remove Ron Atkinson, even after the sale of one of our best players; season ticket sales increased and we had arguably our best season since the 1930s.

 

It would be interesting to see how modern supporters would react to these circumstances.

 

They would love Ron!  Same as we did! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/08/2020 at 14:58, Asio otus said:

People who "hate" Monk, will "hate" the next manager also if they dont bring immediate success,

 

some of our fans have delusions of grandiosity when it comes to the club. They seem to forgot we have been swimming in the same pond with the likes of 

 

Barnsley for the past 20 years.

Fake news to claim that people hate Monk.

The poor man has proved a failure month after month.

Natural that people want him out.

Neither like him nor hate him, just want him gone. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 05/08/2020 at 20:17, daveyboy66 said:

English Motherfu*??? Do you speak it ? Lol 

why? Can you read it

Sorry for missing out a comma

Are u the punctuation police by any chance?

Edited by owlsdreamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to think the majority of our fans are coming across as very entitled, hypocritical and even just plain blind.

The common mantra is that if a team shows effort and a determination to win, then the fans will back them and even clap the players off after defeat.

Well, that's what we've had since the restart.

In every game, we were positive, fought, competed and deserved more from the matches.

We created chance after chance in most of them but couldn't put them away.

The players just aren't good enough and/or are mentally weak.

Which Monk has alluded to a fair few times and said that he wants fresher, younger players in the squad.

Monk knows what's needed.

He's had the current team playing their hearts out.

All whilst standing up to what is obviously a toxic clique and residual dressing room culture.

That takes some real steel, balls and determination to make the deep rooted changes needed in order to build the solid foundation for future growth that everyone wants while at the same time getting dogs abuse from fans with the patience of toddlers.

Or we can just get a 'personality' in who will smile and wink at the camera, give the fans a wave and award fat contracts to disruptive players to massage their egos instead of actually managing them because that's the line of least resistance.

Despite a general concession that we need to be run sustainability and all we ask is a team to be proud of, it seems most fans actually want a cheque book manager and only sign ready made players that are at the top of their game in the Championship.

We won't be signing ready made players.

But already there's rumblings of Fisayo not being good enough or what we need.

Unbelievable Jeff.

They're here and with us now because they're not the finished article. But stick with him and others when they make mistakes. 

Look at Onomah.

Just a kid. Still developing but deemed rubbish by our fans.

Now realising his potential.

If we are playing rubbish with no signs of improvement half way into next season then fair enough, Monk will only have himself to blame.

But I really do think he'll give us a team that will give their all within the limits we now find ourselves in.

If that's good enough for some fans though, I'm not so sure sadly.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, The Horse said:

I'm starting to think the majority of our fans are coming across as very entitled, hypocritical and even just plain blind.

The common mantra is that if a team shows effort and a determination to win, then the fans will back them and even clap the players off after defeat.

Well, that's what we've had since the restart.

In every game, we were positive, fought, competed and deserved more from the matches.

We created chance after chance in most of them but couldn't put them away.

The players just aren't good enough and/or are mentally weak.

Which Monk has alluded to a fair few times and said that he wants fresher, younger players in the squad.

Monk knows what's needed.

He's had the current team playing their hearts out.

All whilst standing up to what is obviously a toxic clique and residual dressing room culture.

That takes some real steel, balls and determination to make the deep rooted changes needed in order to build the solid foundation for future growth that everyone wants while at the same time getting dogs abuse from fans with the patience of toddlers.

Or we can just get a 'personality' in who will smile and wink at the camera, give the fans a wave and award fat contracts to disruptive players to massage their egos instead of actually managing them because that's the line of least resistance.

Despite a general concession that we need to be run sustainability and all we ask is a team to be proud of, it seems most fans actually want a cheque book manager and only sign ready made players that are at the top of their game in the Championship.

We won't be signing ready made players.

But already there's rumblings of Fisayo not being good enough or what we need.

Unbelievable Jeff.

They're here and with us now because they're not the finished article. But stick with him and others when they make mistakes. 

Look at Onomah.

Just a kid. Still developing but deemed rubbish by our fans.

Now realising his potential.

If we are playing rubbish with no signs of improvement half way into next season then fair enough, Monk will only have himself to blame.

But I really do think he'll give us a team that will give their all within the limits we now find ourselves in.

If that's good enough for some fans though, I'm not so sure sadly.


 

‘Well, that's what we've had since the restart.

In every game, we were positive, fought, competed and deserved more from the matches’

 

Totally disagree - the first 2 games were in an improvement the rest again were awful. 
 

Since the restart again we were near the bottom off the form table, you don’t finish there on bad luck! There were spineless half hearted performances again

 

Its a new season now - I just hope we are upto the challenge 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...