2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Ideally, monk should be allowed to rebuild the squad in his own style with players he wants. He can then get the mentality , tactics and approach all down to a tee in pre season.

Then, after we lose the first two games of the season , fire him , get bully in to steady the ship and start again .

Then after bully looses his first two games we get someone else in.................................repeat all season.

lol

16 minutes ago, swissmess said:

I would love to know in what walks of life is a manager judged only if he is able to bring in a new set of workers under him. As I understand it a manager works with what he has, and is judged on that. Yes workers might change over time, but this constant excuse for failure makes no sense. Any real world examples out there? If you take a job you have to know what that entails. Once its taken you are judged by results. On that measure, or indeed any measure chosen by any reasonable person, his time is up. Yes it would be interesting to see what Monk might make of a completely new squad, same as it would be interesting to see Mourinho at Barnsley, but its not going to happen. Failure, for Monk, has become an ingrained habit. He isn't a winner and doesn't have a 'big' larger than life personality. No one in their right mind would follow him over the top, he isn't a leader, he is a poor communicator and can't lead by example since as a manager he has been a flop. So whats left? Put the future in the hands of a man who has no vision and couldn't explain if he did?

Putting all sentiment aside, Monk has much to offer at another club, at a different level, but surely we know enough about him here to say he is the wrong man at SWFC

Best post on the subject for ages^^^

On 04/08/2020 at 08:01, The Claw said:

If he turns this around he will be a cult hero with the Wednesday faithfull, let's see!

May not get the chance, just read on football gossip that he's second favourite for Bournemouth job, can't see him getting it personally. 

Most people will probably disagree with me but i think we would be in a much worse position if Monk was to leave us now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Most people will probably disagree with me but i think we would be in a much worse position if Monk was to leave us now.

Not if we could get Mccarthy or Pearson. 

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, and I'm off out on a date with Taylor Swift tonight ...

Don't the bookies think that we've been punished enough already?

It's cruel to raise our hopes when they know full well that there's probably more chance of seeing Steve Evans walk on the moon with his trousers down than it happening.

The Pale One will be here next season.

He is amongst the favourites because shed loads of Wednesday fans have been lumping on. We should all do it. If nothing else, it’ll put the shittes up the Bournemouth support! 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

lol

I think he’s on his way to Bournemouth TBH. It feels like Steve Bruce all over again. I never thought he’d get the gig at St James Park but he did and I get the same feeling with regards to Monk. It seems unlikely but it will probably happen? The difference this time is that Bullen will probably be given the managers job straight away 😳

• Haha 1

I'm happy to see Monk leave. 

I didn't see anything from that last 6 months to suggest he is the manager we need to turn things around at the club.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think he’s on his way to Bournemouth TBH. It feels like Steve Bruce all over again. I never thought he’d get the gig at St James Park but he did and I get the same feeling with regards to Monk. It seems unlikely but it will probably happen? The difference this time is that Bullen will probably be given the managers job straight away 😳

Can’t see that myself

I note the odds for the Bournemouth manager have been taken off the sky bet site, so maybe an announcement soon?

12 minutes ago, debram said:

Not if we could get Mccarthy or Pearson. 

That is very unlikely to happen though isn't it. I am almost certain that if Monk was to leave then Bullen would be put in charge in similarly to last year and then we will go into the new season without any real plan setting us back even further.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

lol

True though isn't it.

19 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

I agree. 

This season more than any other we need consistency, whether Monk is considered the right man or not, DC thinks he is. 

Took us 10 weeks to replace Bruce, that was without a 12 point deduction to consider.

As much as Monk has questions to answer, have less confidence in the club appointing a replacement than I do in Monk turning things around. 

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I'm happy to see Monk leave. 

I didn't see anything from that last 6 months to suggest he is the manager we need to turn things around at the club.

I saw it that he was being asked to swim from one side of the river to the other, in a river full of alligators, whilst being to then wear concrete wellies, and then when he's halfway across having one arm cut off, and then as he's approaching the other side gets his legs cut off, and gets hit in the head by a passing speedboat, and just as he's about to come onto the shore someone flies down in a helicopter and swings a gigantic metal ball into him 

But he made it

Just

And now he has the opportunity to run through the meadows of this new and exciting land he's discovered

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

That is very unlikely to happen though isn't it. I am almost certain that if Monk was to leave then Bullen would be put in charge in similarly to last year and then we will go into the new season without any real plan setting us back even further.

Can we sink much lower, maybe you shouldn't answer that. 

On 04/08/2020 at 08:06, Philb125 said:

Has his contract been extended as I thought it was only until end of the season just ended? 

Ask the fukking secret service in Thailand

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I saw it that he was being asked to swim from one side of the river to the other, in a river full of alligators, whilst being to then wear concrete wellies, and then when he's halfway across having one arm cut off, and then as he's approaching the other side gets his legs cut off, and gets hit in the head by a passing speedboat, and just as he's about to come onto the shore someone flies down in a helicopter and swings a gigantic metal ball into him 

But he made it

Just

And now he has the opportunity to run through the meadows of this new and exciting land he's discovered

You alright mate? 

31 minutes ago, debram said:

May not get the chance, just read on football gossip that he's second favourite for Bournemouth job, can't see him getting it personally. 

What time tomorrow does he want picking up?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But he made it

Just

There may have been better circumstances for his tenure but is record here is rank.end of,

• Like 1