Kadeem Harris

The problem is that these days any idiot can post on social media, and often they do. They never think "I know, I'll take 24 hours out, calm down, assess the situation again and then make a decision to post or not". It's just not in their DNA.

1 minute ago, ChapSmurf said:

The problem is that these days any idiot can post on social media, and often they do. They never think "I know, I'll take 24 hours out, calm down, assess the situation again and then make a decision to post or not". It's just not in their DNA.

Yeah and often they'll let out their anger/frustrations in a tweet or something

That's ok 

But then tagging that player in it so they definitely see it is a whole new level of stupidity

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

Remember when those hero's on Twitter or face book viscously attacking  a 15 year old lad because the did not like the way his dad was running the club?.

I've never used Facebook or twitter, and never will 

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's ok 

But then tagging that player in it so they definitely see it is a whole new level of stupidity

I totally agree. If they wouldn't say it to the players face, then don't say it (tag them in) at all.

And they wouldn't say it to their face, because at that point they would be approaching it in a completely different way. They may still be angry and want to be critical, but it would be a much calmer, more measured response.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

It has nothing to do with his job/role at all

It's to do with direct criticism of him directly posted to him so he sees it.

The lad has thankfully apologised and deleted his attack, and also accepted that he was in the wrong

You’re far too soft.. people in all walks of life take criticism all the time, both explicit and implicit, especially when they’re working.

If something isn’t good enough it’s open to criticism and it’s just weak to use that as an excuse. If Harris doesn’t have enough mental strength to deal with that then we should find another player who does.

There’s also a difference between criticism and abuse. Given this lad appears to have been reasonable about it it doesn’t seem likely they were being abusive or racist or whatever. Therefore it’s fair game 

10 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

You’re far too soft.. people in all walks of life take criticism all the time, both explicit and implicit, especially when they’re working.

If something isn’t good enough it’s open to criticism and it’s just weak to use that as an excuse. If Harris doesn’t have enough mental strength to deal with that then we should find another player who does.

There’s also a difference between criticism and abuse. Given this lad appears to have been reasonable about it it doesn’t seem likely they were being abusive or racist or whatever. Therefore it’s fair game 

Again you’re not quite grasping the thread here mate 

Criticism is fine and to be expected 

Tagging players directly isn’t, and is going that one step too far (in my opinion)

Unless you could explain/justify why it’s a good idea to directly tag the person you’re criticising?

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

That's ok 

You’re right. I wonder if they, say had received bad service at a bank/restaurant or wherever, they’d then go on social media and track down the particular person who they’d last dealt with and launch a tirade against them.

Then again, they may well do so. Some people are just stupid as you say.

• Like 1

Good call of KH to call him out... too many ******** idiots who think it's ok to act like idiots online and post very negative bordering on rude or harassing comments about topics with words they would not use if they were actually face to face with someone. And since it's social media they add tags to address recipients directly while they are anonymous themselves hidden behind some moniker that lets the spew negativity without consideration of consequence.

I don't mind criticism and booing at matches etc when it's warranted, but taking the club's official post celebrating Harris' debut match goal and some fan deciding it's the appropriate time to call Harris out on some negative part in what followed later in season, that's out of line and I'm glad he actually addressed it. And even more so, that the person removed his post and apologised for it; which is even more rare on the internet!

Sorry for the rant!

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Good call of KH to call him out... too many ******** idiots who think it's ok to act like idiots online and post very negative bordering on rude or harassing comments about topics with words they would not use if they were actually face to face with someone. And since it's social media they add tags to address recipients directly while they are anonymous themselves hidden behind some moniker that lets the spew negativity without consideration of consequence.

I don't mind criticism and booing at matches etc when it's warranted, but taking the club's official post celebrating Harris' debut match goal and some fan deciding it's the appropriate time to call Harris out on some negative part in what followed later in season, that's out of line and I'm glad he actually addressed it. And even more so, that the person removed his post and apologised for it; which is even more rare on the internet!

Sorry for the rant!

That's not a rant - that's a decent reply!

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Sorry for the rant!

I can’t believe how people just think that because it’s on social media, it’s acceptable. If you met these people face to face, you’d get none of the stuff they come out with. But on social media they can hide behind a fake name because they think they are unaccountable.

(I know, that’s great coming from someone who is obviously not Pablo Bonvin. Or am I?)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I can’t believe how people just think that because it’s on social media, it’s acceptable. If you met these people face to face, you’d get none of the stuff they come out with. But on social media they can hide behind a fake name because they think they are unaccountable.

(I know, that’s great coming from someone who is obviously not Pablo Bonvin. Or am I?)

It's nothing to do with fake names - it's do with distance

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's nothing to do with fake names - it's do with distance

Probably even at a football stadium. One thing shouting at a player from the stands, another if you were suddenly out there on the pitch standing right across from him. Could you shout the same negative comments at them? lol