Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Team of bottlers in don’t upset us shocker.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marconi said:

Team of bottlers in don’t upset us shocker.



Football fans in  'ahhh mummy why aren't I allowed to absolutely abuse our own players' shocker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:



Football fans in  'ahhh mummy why aren't I allowed to absolutely abuse our own players' shocker

For 10k a week, I’d let them criticise me all they wanted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, marconi said:

For 10k a week, I’d let them criticise me all they wanted.

 

You think so, but there's a reason that celebrities suffer mental health issues, depression, high rates of suicide


The reality is no amount of money you receive makes you impenetrable from criticism and critique

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, considering the abject performances this season I think as a fan base we have been rather muted.

Whether it's right or wrong as a professional footballer you have to learn to deal with negativity from fans, especially when the team you play for is under performing.

 

Stay way from social media would be my advice if it upsets you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

You think so, but there's a reason that celebrities suffer mental health issues, depression, high rates of suicide


The reality is no amount of money you receive makes you impenetrable from criticism and critique

Fair enough, but to criticise fans for being negative after the second half of the season they served up, is a bit rich.

 

Harris wants to thank his lucky stars, he’s not a front line NHS worker or a steelworker laid off with mouth’s to feed and mortgage to pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marconi said:

Fair enough, but to criticise fans for being negative after the second half of the season they served up, is a bit rich.

Harris wants to thank his lucky stars, he’s not a front line NHS worker or a steelworker laid off with mouth’s to feed and mortgage to pay.

 

It has nothing to do with his job/role at all

It's to do with direct criticism of him directly posted to him so he sees it.

The lad has thankfully apologised and deleted his attack, and also accepted that he was in the wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Stay way from social media would be my advice if it upsets you. 


Or those tweeting criticism directly to the players twitter account could just....  you know.... stop it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:



Football fans in  'ahhh mummy why aren't I allowed to absolutely abuse our own players' shocker

 

Big difference between criticism and abuses mate. If players and managers  can't take criticism for disgraceful performances, then tough, that's their problem. IF it crosses the line and turns into personal abuse, then that Is out of order  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

 

Big difference between criticism and abuses mate. If players and managers  can't take criticism for disgraceful performances, then tough, that's their problem. IF it crosses the line and turns into personal abuse, then that Is out of order  

 


It's one thing booing a team off a pitch


It's entirely another directly tweeting them, and tagging them in the personal criticism to ensure they see it whilst they're on social media

Different thing totally


Being criticised for your performance in the press or by fans at the match is one thing - this is another level of criticism that can cause real very serious problems (with anyone - not just footballers/celebrities)

It's simply not just a case of 'manning up'

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:

 


It's one thing booing a team off a pitch


It's entirely another directly tweeting them, and tagging them in the personal criticism to ensure they see it whilst they're on social media

Different thing totally


Being criticised for your performance in the press or by fans at the match is one thing - this is another level of criticism that can cause real very serious problems (with anyone)

 

 

 

As you know, I've suffered with anxiety for years, but if someone texted me and critisesed me for doing a bad job for them ( never happened yet), I wouldn't see that as abuse. I would see it as criticism of me performing badly, nothing more. If the attack became personal, that's a different kettle of fish. 

 

Whenever someone on has critisesed me over my views, that's fine, that's not abuse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

 

Big difference between criticism and abuses mate. If players and managers  can't take criticism for disgraceful performances, then tough, that's their problem. IF it crosses the line and turns into personal abuse, then that Is out of order  

 

Just what I wanted to post myself. Players should be able to take criticism for poor work they did, but not the abuse. 

 

If they can't take some criticism then  stay away from social medija. 

 

If you are abusing anyone, players, dogs, cats... Get back under rock you crowled beneath of. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


Or those tweeting criticism directly to the players twitter account could just....  you know.... stop it?

Well obviously. But I don't think that's going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, S36 OWL said:

 

As you know, I've suffered with anxiety for years, but if someone texted me and critisesed me for doing a bad job for them ( never happened yet), I wouldn't see that as abuse. I would see it as criticism of me performing badly, nothing more. If the attack became personal, that's a different kettle of fish. 

Whenever someone on has critisesed me over my views, that's fine, that's not abuse. 



Imagine your phone going off every twenty minutes with criticism

Every time you went online you faced it and saw it because you were tagged in it


Imagine that

Don't really think you're thinking this through and seeing just what an issue this really is for players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Well obviously. But I don't think that's going to happen.


Sadly not


I can't get my head around why people would directly tag players in their tweets though when laying into them


It's something I can't fathom

If anyone's reading this and does this to the players/coaches maybe you could come on and explain it to us? No judgement just curious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:



Imagine your phone going off every twenty minutes with criticism

Every time you went online you faced it and saw it because you were tagged in it


Imagine that

Don't really think you're thinking this through and seeing just what an issue this really is for players

 

If that happened to me, which it never has, and it affected me, I would keep off social media mate. I'm thick skinned, so not much gets to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:


Sadly not


I can't get my head around why people would directly tag players in their tweets though when laying into them


It's something I can't fathom

Modern society mate.

 

Until social media disappears, which ain't gonna happen, that's how it's going to be unfortunately.

 

It sucks.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, S36 OWL said:

 

If that happened to me, which it never has, and it affected me, I would keep off social media mate. I'm thick skinned, so not much gets to me 



It would get to you


It would get to anyone


It would grind you down and batter you into submission

That's the whole reason I think it's done in all honesty - find a player/coach you don't like - tweet them criticism relentlessly until their confidence is shot and they play poorly, boo them off the pitch and then point to them leaving the club as the players massive failure etc

 

I dunno - It's all odd to me


But yeah - it would definitely get to you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fans blast the players and they’re expected to take it

 

Players kick back at one fan and the whole world loses its shit, we pay your wages bla bla

 

I don’t think I’d take it either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chriss said:

Fans blast the players and they’re expected to take it

 

Players kick back at one fan and the whole world loses its shit, we pay your wages bla bla

 

I don’t think I’d take it either.



I wish more players would fire back in all honesty

 

It would put a spotlight on the issue and create support for change

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...