Lovely from Kieren Westwood

10 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

This is unquestionably a good deed and deserving of a little credit. But I fail to see how it either confirms or denies anything about Westwood's conduct as a professional footballer over the last couple of years.

You’re right - of course it doesn’t, but I don’t see anything to suggest the OP was intending it to be interpreted as such.

For what it’s worth, I think it’s a fine gesture from the player, for which he deserves credit, irrespective of people’s views on him on other issues

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

You’re right - of course it doesn’t, but I don’t see anything to suggest the OP was intending it to be interpreted as such.

For what it’s worth, I think it’s a fine gesture from the player, for which he deserves credit, irrespective of people’s views on him on other issues

I'm not questioning the opening post. As you say, it was just highlighting a positive news story with no particular subtext.

The same cannot be said for several that followed it however.

• Like 2

I don’t care about the players all being great lads. I want good players and a proper manager who can handle them. I imagine there were difficult times with Hirst, Palmer, Sheridan etc but then we had Big Ron now we have Monk. 

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

I don’t care about the players all being great lads. I want good players and a proper manager who can handle them. I imagine there were difficult times with Hirst, Palmer, Sheridan etc but then we had Big Ron now we have Monk. 

Monk's just undertaking a massive clearout to improve the club

Back him - he's going nowhere

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, wilyfox said:

Westwood sending kid a shirt = Nice bloke, should be in the team. 

Fans make bizarre connections.

No player has sent as many shirts and boots out as Jordan Rhodes has over the last few seasons

So if it applies to Westwood it should apply to Jordan Rhodes too

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No player has sent as many shirts and boots out as Jordan Rhodes has over the last few seasons

We should discuss that in a pub somewhere without socks & shoes, maybe Whitby. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Would need to be BEFORE trying to climb the 199 steps up to the Abbey tho...

Deal.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If he was the best player at the club in his position then you’d have a point. 
Having said that, at the moment Rhodes is the only player at the club in his position. 
lol

The constant "move on FFS" attitude winds me up

We've a team which hugely underperformed in the second half of the season, partly of which was down to poor performances from Dawson and towards the end Wildsmith.

Meanwhile we've one of the best championship keepers of the last few seasons out the team, for reasons unknown.

But we shouldn't demand to know why

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk's just undertaking a massive clearout to improve the club

Back him - he's going nowhere

I'll be going to Hillsborough long after Monk has managed a few more teams after us.

He'll be washed up as a manager within 5 years.

27 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

We've a team which hugely underperformed in the second half of the season, partly of which was down to poor performances from Dawson and towards the end Wildsmith.

Meanwhile we've one of the best championship keepers of the last few seasons out the team, for reasons unknown.

Equally... You should be demanding the truth from Westwood 

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, nickswfc said:

why are the reasons unknown......hes been injured...its well documented and evidenced by the fact that he has been substituted more often than every other keeper in our history combined.

Nice gesture though

7 hours ago, BIG D said:

From gold finger to fools gold 😂😂