Jump to content

Recommended Posts

He's bound to chose us over other lot,:biggrin:  he'll be a good signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Grez Bez

I know nothing of him other than he's amazing on Footie Manager 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Your adverts reflect the sites you have been visiting.

 

Then who do I contact to explain that I dont actually want to buy a red tube?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all those clubs, we can offer him a regular starting berth. At Bayern for example, he could find three left backs blocking his way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Promising player, had my eye on him all season with a view to the national team in the future.

Unfortunately for him he's got Robertson, Tierney and Taylor to get past!

 

As guru said, I think the main selling point we have is he could be a starter for us.

Billy Gilmour went to Chelsea out of Rangers youth team, so hopefully Hickey has the bug for playing now and wants to keep on doing so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Why am I getting an advert for United merchandise on here? 

 

10 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Your adverts reflect the sites you have been visiting.


Traitor 😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a weird bid for David Turnbull last summer didn't we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Of all those clubs, we can offer him a regular starting berth. At Bayern for example, he could find three left backs blocking his way

 

I like this thinking.

 

We can turn our shitness into a strength!

 

:duntmatter:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

He went to Bologna recently to view their setup, he is going to Munich this week, our chances are very slim unless we can really sell first team football but Bologna are allegedly offering him that and in Serie A. 
 

Hickey is already at 18 miles better than Morgan Fox was. He’d be a great signing but I don’t see it happening

Bologna is barely Serie A.  Fair play to him, but let's not sell that lower half of Serie A as anything above Championship football.  It's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Socialist_Owl said:

Bologna is barely Serie A.  Fair play to him, but let's not sell that lower half of Serie A as anything above Championship football.  It's not.

Nice place to live though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lee A said:

 

Then who do I contact to explain that I dont actually want to buy a red tube?

Go to the red tube company website, it'll explain somewhere, you might have go through a few pages to find area you're looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Socialist_Owl said:

Bologna is barely Serie A.  Fair play to him, but let's not sell that lower half of Serie A as anything above Championship football.  It's not.


I know we are Wednesday fans but if we’re honest and you flip that on it’s head we shouldn’t sell this club as something it’s not either. 
 

Bologna have played in 73 of the 88 Serie A seasons and Wednesday have been out of the top flight for 20+ years and we’re not getting promoted anytime soon. Playing against the top teams in Italy every season, travelling to the main cities in Italy and learning your trade there would be a significant upgrade on Hillsborough and the Championship. I’m sure it would be a great place to live too and he would build some amazing life skills growing up over there.

 

I don’t know what the facilities are like over in Bologna but Hickey would be downgrading in terms of training ground and facilities joining Wednesday even from Hearts. The only thing that we can possibly offer Hickey over the alleged competition is a top wage, still being close to his family, and first team football.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we can say this is not happening. Latest updates:

 

Bild Sport reporting 2 young Scots on their way to Bayern youth set up. Cracking double entendre headline “Diese Schotten rocken den Bayern-Campus.” Literally “These Scots rock the Bayern campus”. Bild Sport says two players Aaron Hickey of Hearts, who they say will join for around 1.8 million Euro. The other is 16 year old winger Barry Hepburn of Celtic, who they say Bayern have been monitoring for months.

 

————————————————

 

Hickey 'offered' five year Bologna deal

(Image: SNS Group)  


Bologna have reportedly offered Aaron Hickey a five-year contract to convince him to move to Serie A. The Hearts left-back is out of contract next summer, and is being chased by clubs across Europe.

 

Bayern Munich and Aston Villa are thought to be interested, while the 18-year-old has already been to visit Bologna’s training ground.

According to local newspaper Corriere di Bologna the Italian club have already agreed a €2million(£1.8million) fee with Hearts.

In addition the Rossoblu are said to have offered Hickey a five-year contract, with his salary to rise in each year of the deal. The financial offer is said to be better than what is on the table from Villa, though Bayern are clearly a big draw. However, Bologna are said to be confident of a deal as they can offer him first team football right away, as the alternative to Mitchell Dijks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/08/2020 at 07:29, edinburghowl said:


I know we are Wednesday fans but if we’re honest and you flip that on it’s head we shouldn’t sell this club as something it’s not either. 
 

Bologna have played in 73 of the 88 Serie A seasons and Wednesday have been out of the top flight for 20+ years and we’re not getting promoted anytime soon. Playing against the top teams in Italy every season, travelling to the main cities in Italy and learning your trade there would be a significant upgrade on Hillsborough and the Championship. I’m sure it would be a great place to live too and he would build some amazing life skills growing up over there.

 

I don’t know what the facilities are like over in Bologna but Hickey would be downgrading in terms of training ground and facilities joining Wednesday even from Hearts. The only thing that we can possibly offer Hickey over the alleged competition is a top wage, still being close to his family, and first team football.

 

He might have to wait a long time for his chance at Bayern, their current left back Davies, is only 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is he related to Earl, Dont remember him. 

 

p-my-name-is-earl-jason-lee.jpg

Edited by shezzas left peg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've as much chance of signing Hickey as when we tabled our 11th hour bid for David Turnbull as he sat next to Lennon wearing a Celtic shirt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We might get him on loan though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signing for Bayern Munich on a 5 year deal. Fair play to the laddie that’s a great move.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Signing for Bayern Munich on a 5 year deal. Fair play to the laddie that’s a great move.

From what I’ve seen of their left back, he’ll have a long wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought the headline was relating to Abdi's final excuse for not playing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...