153 years

2 hours ago, mdogg20 said:

153 years and we have never had a points deduction, its embarrassing to me and should be mortifyingly to the club owner who's watch it happened under.

Well, in fairness, they only started with points deductions in 2004 or so, but yeah, the fact of it happening is still embarrassing!

24 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

If you want a grown up chat about Hillsborough it's a bit like A Few Good Men

image.png.1981261132d2670329bcbc006b042c64.png

seriously?

a) I was there on the day on the pitch with the dying

b) in the ‘morgue’

c) in the ‘emergency centre’

d) close to subsequent events with SYP and part of enquiries etc

I suspect I know more about it than you and as I’ve said, no matter how you or anyone might want to apportion blame, our ground has become synonymous with the biggest tragedy in English football history - certainly a sadder and more significant event than us being docked 12 points because some sugar daddy lost the plot. 

1 minute ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

seriously?

a) I was there on the day on the pitch with the dying

b) in the ‘morgue’

c) in the ‘emergency centre’

d) close to subsequent events with SYP and part of enquiries etc

I suspect I know more about it than you and as I’ve said, no matter how you or anyone might want to apportion blame, our ground has become synonymous with the biggest tragedy in English football history - certainly a sadder and more significant event than us being docked 12 points because some sugar daddy lost the plot. 

Points a-d acknowledged the innocent perished not all caused by our club.

I don't think that because something terrible happened once before, thirty years ago, it diminishes the fact that we just got docked twelve points for cheating and that clubs who played by the rules have been relegated as a result of our cheating. This is shameful and dishonourable and the person who caused it needs to take responsibility and put it right. 

51 minutes ago, George said:

I don't think that because something terrible happened once before, thirty years ago, it diminishes the fact that we just got docked twelve points for cheating and that clubs who played by the rules have been relegated as a result of our cheating. This is shameful and dishonourable and the person who caused it needs to take responsibility and put it right. 

The clubs that have been relegated have been because they were not good enough pure and simple. Wigan exempted from that

1 hour ago, George said:

Which clubs have been relegated as a result of our cheating? 

By rights, if the EFL ran anything like a competent league structure then our offence would have been investigated and punished in the season following the date of the last of the 3-year accounts.

That would have been the 2018-19 season and the minus 12 points would not have relegated. The fact that the EFL can't get their act together in order to investigate cases in the timescale they desire is nobody's fault but their own.

This past year or so has seen us try to address some of our financial issues by selling players for the biggest fee in the Chansiri era and allowing players on big contracts to leave last summer without renewing. Charlton do not have any right to be the specific beneficiaries of something we have been found guilty of doing wrong as per the 2017-18 accounting period.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Which clubs have been relegated as a result of our cheating? 

By rights, if the EFL ran anything like a competent league structure then our offence would have been investigated and punished in the season following the date of the last of the 3-year accounts.

That would have been the 2018-19 season and the minus 12 points would not have relegated. The fact that the EFL can't get their act together in order to investigate cases in the timescale they desire is nobody's fault but their own.

This past year or so has seen us try to address some of our financial issues by selling players for the biggest fee in the Chansiri era and allowing players on big contracts to leave last summer without renewing. Charlton do not have any right to be the specific beneficiaries of something we have been found guilty of doing wrong as per the 2017-18 accounting period.

Wednesday didn't file their 2017/18 accounts until last July 2019 having extended the accounting period and then filing late, should the EFL have dug out their crystal ball?

12 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Wednesday didn't file their 2017/18 accounts until last July 2019 having extended the accounting period and then filing late, should the EFL have dug out their crystal ball?

Exactly, and yet their it is within their rules that the desire is to account for the deduction as soon as possible after the event. ideally in the season following the breach.

So many flaws in the way their rules comes across. However, we were found guilty and must accept it, or launch an appeal. the fact remains Charlton have no divine right to be the direct beneficiaries of any punishment we receive for an offence that occurred in previous seasons.