Ground Improvements

On 03/08/2020 at 10:50, ka58 said:

yup - so committed to the long term future of the club that the few things he could do regardless of FFP - like improve the ground, training and academy system - get nish all invested in them. 

He’s spent more on facilities than any other chairman in recent years? New score board, new pitch, new ad boards, repaint blue metalwork practically throughout, large addition to pavilion facilities and training ground and pitch improvements... not incidental costs and that on top of spending on players... I would like to see more done but he has taken care of immediate priorities (other than new signage for the shop - old crest and lighting doesn’t work properly!)...

• Like 1

On 03/08/2020 at 09:38, robowl4life said:

Tbf what’s the point of doing up the ground until/if we get promoted to PL? I’m all for doing the stadium up but I’m sure you get funding when promoted to update stadium to a certain degree. Surely then would be a better time to update.
At the moment we’ve more pressing matters than that... however can’t see why he can’t get a lick of paint on kop. It’s almost turned a Huddersfield blue ffs.

To refurbish the stadium to modern standards will mean we'd only have a 3 sided stadium for at least 3 years including no go areas to accommodate away support. This will impact match day income severely at a time when we should be maximising it.

For me the fact he hasn't refurbished the stadium means he's either decided we need a new stadium or he doesn't have the funds he says he has to pay for either a new stadium or refurbishment without Premier League income.

50 minutes ago, mogbad said:

To refurbish the stadium to modern standards will mean we'd only have a 3 sided stadium for at least 3 years including no go areas to accommodate away support. This will impact match day income severely at a time when we should be maximising it.

For me the fact he hasn't refurbished the stadium means he's either decided we need a new stadium or he doesn't have the funds he says he has to pay for either a new stadium or refurbishment without Premier League income.

probsbly a good time to do it, with no crowds allowed. 

On 03/08/2020 at 09:01, ChinaOwl said:

Doesn't DC's wife own the company that the ground is regsitered with?

Maybe it will come down to the choice between ground improvements or a new egg whisk?

WTF:

Waiting for him to take Sheffield and her to take Wednesday in a divorce settlement :laugh:

Guest Grandad

I'm not Chansiris biggest fan - but even I can be thankful that hes literally taking £3m out of the bank every month and throwing it down the toilet to pay the wages he committed to and save us from going into admin.

On 03/08/2020 at 11:33, bladeshater said:

Be grateful he's keeping the club afloat because if doesn't keep paying the bills there may not be a club

Thanks Mr Chansiri's  PR man, while you're at it can you thank him for the scoreboard that gives me neck ache in the South ( not his fault I know) and for the lovely new (ish) pitch.

Oh....I fogot about those elephants ...tell him ta for them too .

29 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'm not Chansiris biggest fan - but even I can be thankful that hes literally taking £3m out of the bank every month and throwing it down the toilet to pay the wages he committed to and save us from going into admin.

If only he got someone in to advise him he might have not been throwing some much of his cash down the toilet.

On 03/08/2020 at 09:38, robowl4life said:

Tbf what’s the point of doing up the ground until/if we get promoted to PL? I’m all for doing the stadium up but I’m sure you get funding when promoted to update stadium to a certain degree. Surely then would be a better time to update.
At the moment we’ve more pressing matters than that... however can’t see why he can’t get a lick of paint on kop. It’s almost turned a Huddersfield blue ffs.

Let's face it, the KOP is going to be fully Leeds white before we ever see the Premiership again.