Eddie Howe Leaves Bournemouth

13 minutes ago, Plonk said:

It will be really interesting to see where he ends up next. No premier league jobs open and the championship ones are dodgy to say the least. Does he hang on and see when the sack race opens in the prem or gamble now on a championship one ? Think I would book a nice long holiday if I were him

Chris Hughton did similar. Didnt go to well. 

However I think the appeal of Eddie Howe is far greater and there will be a few chairman now looking at their manager and thinking. I might just sack you.

5 hours ago, shandypants said:

He also had somewhat of an “open wallet” to achieve promotion if I remember correctly. 

Bournemouth's financial losses in the 14/15 season were in the same ball park as ours in the 17/18 season.

By that logic, was Carvalhal given an open wallet too?

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Thing is though...

You look at his record there, you look how he's managed the club and you see that he's left by 'mutual consent'

And you just think HOW?

Was that a deliberate pun?lol

We will see how(!) good a manager is when he gets another job, not here.

12 hours ago, Plonk said:

It will be really interesting to see where he ends up next. No premier league jobs open and the championship ones are dodgy to say the least. Does he hang on and see when the sack race opens in the prem or gamble now on a championship one ? Think I would book a nice long holiday if I were him

His reputation is good, though, isn't it. Wasn't he spoken of as a target for Spurs a year or two ago? He knows he can wait for a decent opportunity. Roy Hodgson won't be managing for ever, and if West ham have a bad start to the season there might just be a vacancy there.