Eddie Howe Leaves Bournemouth

Amazed this thread even exists.

Why on earth would he even consider coming here?  We have just effectively had a relegation sentence passed on us and we are run by someone who hasn’t the first idea how to run a football club.  We can’t spend any money and we have a  team that needs massive restructuring - a paradox that cannot be solved.

...but aside from all that I can see the appeal!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

The reverse of Howe to wednesday is Monk to Bournemouth. 

We can live in hope. 

I note Garry Monk is not included on any Next manager odds for the likes of Bournemouth, Watford, Bristol city, Southend..  wonder why. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think Bournemouth have just lost there main asset for next season. 

Bottom 12 premier league clubs all be thinking Oh Eddie Howe is available.

Palace and West Ham are the only ones who may need a manager this summer. I can see Dyche going to Palace.  So maybe Howe to West Ham 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hunter said:

Don't think he would come here but I'd like to see some ambition with trying to get those big names in

I agree it would show real ambition to try to get a top manager, but sadly I think I’m deluded to think we’ll get anyone decent.

59 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Hopefully the end of Bournemouth’s run at the top

poo little club

Sadly and frustratingly, we're a poo old big club that as done nothing for far too long to be honest.

Yes, it's depressing to see us consistently stagnate and going from one shambles to another, whilst some traditionally smaller clubs build their way up the Leagues only to fall back down again. Those smaller clubs rises and falls, only highlights how little we have done for far too long. Seems like many other poo little clubs will pass us by over the foreseeable future too. 

Football is a mess and we're an prime example of everything that's wrong with the game, thanks to our current clueless owner and his advisers, and past regimes too. But apart from a few good years in the 60s, 80s and 90s, it's more or less the same old story that the majority of us have known as fans during our lifetime. 

2 hours ago, scram said:

Can't deny Howe's achievements at Bournemouth however they need to still hugely grow as a club

League 1 stadium, crappy training ground and Cat 3 academy

Castles built on sand

He also had somewhat of an “open wallet” to achieve promotion if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

It will be really interesting to see where he ends up next. No premier league jobs open and the championship ones are dodgy to say the least. Does he hang on and see when the sack race opens in the prem or gamble now on a championship one ? Think I would book a nice long holiday if I were him