I remember when football.

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

Used to be fun.

You would go to the game with your family or mates, have a good moan if your team lost or a great night out if they had won.

You would take the P*ss out of your mates who supported the opposition, or take the same from them.

Then go for a Pint in the pub, and forget the game, looking forward to the next game.

It all changed when SKY took control of the game, along with the Premiere League, and the most important thing was making money, not trying to win trophy's.

And now it's all about who has the best lawyer and who can  use the most loopholes and financial trickery

What a mess

• Like 9

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Used to be fun.

You would go to the game with your family or mates, have a good moan if your team lost or a great night out if they had won.

You would take the P*ss out of your mates who supported the opposition, or take the same from them.

Then go for a Pint in the pub, and forget the game, looking forward to the next game.

It all changed when SKY took control of the game, along with the Premiere League, and the most important thing was making money, not trying to win trophy's.

Then you joined owlstalk

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

...used to be fun

....was affordable

.....was on TV

.....was more or less honest

More or less honest... 

lol

Back in the day when the bung was left in used £50 notes in a brown paper bag in the Little Chef

I agree with the sentiment, but there have always been crooks in football. Difference is now it seems to be the norm.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it's a business now and not a sport. Long gone are the days when it was a local guy running the club and clubs in the same league were on a level playing field financially, give or take a couple of million. Now it's a primarily a business with a hint of a hobby for the billionaires. 

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Used to be fun.

You're turning into your Dad!

(Totally agree though)

Football’s been completely ruined for me

I’ll never watch another game on TV that doesn’t involve Wednesday 

In the past I took a fleeting interest in who was in the playoffs or some of the bigger games in the premier league but its gone for me now

Especially since football became political

Its over for me

2 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

More or less honest... 

lol

Back in the day when the bung was left in used £50 notes in a brown paper bag in the Little Chef

I agree with the sentiment, but there have always been crooks in football. Difference is now it seems to be the norm.

Was referring to players on the pitch to be fair but understand where you are coming from.

• Like 1