Jump to content
Dizzys Dad

Do we start afresh now with P&S / FFP?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

If the resetting is true it's good news and is a good outcome going forwards.

 

Would mean that we are carrying £26m loss for two seasons P&S before adding 2018/2019.

 

2019 could include a £10m+ profit with the stadium sale, and with clearing of decks done this year mean we are not on edge and can rebuild in right way.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we know when for definite the ground sale will show on the accounts and when it will become relevant so we can maybe not worry about FFP so much? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Grandad said:

You actually motivated me to look at Wolves

Their accounts show them making a loss of £20m reported in the season they went up - with 2 seasons of profit before that £7.4m and £2.3m

So they were only reporting a net loss of £10.3 over 3 seasons in their promotion season. 

 

in the season they went up they lost a staggering £55m - meaning they would have been at net -£65m over 3 years - giving them a -12 to start the season after like us had they not been promoted. Another team who worked the system brilliantly

So will they be punished when they return to the championship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 year rolling, so for year ending July 2019 if we lose £20.8m or Moore breach rules again and that includes the ground sale already.

Year end July 2020, due to be published next July eg 2021 likely to be void due to Covid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spunk cash into the club and start every season on -12. Won't really matter when we sign some worldy players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if we hadn't sold the ground we would be in deep shyte next season as well...well deeper shyte.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

So if we hadn't sold the ground we would be in deep shyte next season as well...well deeper shyte.

If it wasn’t for the ground sale then it most definitely would have been administration. We’d be hammered by deductions if not. Admin, -12 and start again. New owner. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/08/2020 at 17:54, Grandad said:

You actually motivated me to look at Wolves

Their accounts show them making a loss of £20m reported in the season they went up - with 2 seasons of profit before that £7.4m and £2.3m

So they were only reporting a net loss of £10.3 over 3 seasons in their promotion season. 

 

in the season they went up they lost a staggering £55m - meaning they would have been at net -£65m over 3 years - giving them a -12 to start the season after like us had they not been promoted. Another team who worked the system brilliantly

 

Did they lose 20 million the season they went up or 55 million? You have quoted both?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any new owner taking over a club with balanced FFP to begin with will be tempted to spend £150m and sell the stadium to themselves immediately given the niggles of being over by £20-£30m here and there.

 

Might as well put yourself in a £100m hole if you can afford to cover the loss and take the hit in one go. Far greater chance of promotion. Imagine if Chansiri had spent 3 seasons worth right away and done the stadium. We'd probably have some value in the players too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Any new owner taking over a club with balanced FFP to begin with will be tempted to spend £150m and sell the stadium to themselves immediately given the niggles of being over by £20-£30m here and there.

 

Might as well put yourself in a £100m hole if you can afford to cover the loss and take the hit in one go. Far greater chance of promotion. Imagine if Chansiri had spent 3 seasons worth right away and done the stadium. We'd probably have some value in the players too.


Wages for those £150m worth of players would likely hamper any club for years to come and recurring embargos/penaltys. 
 

The two teams getting parachute payments went up....yeh, but one did in a one off game v a team that finished above them and sold 2 players for £30m so that they could invest in their squad (compounded with good recruitment and a good manager) and the other finished 10 points behind the league winners who sold £30m worth of players to balance the books and help further squad improvements (compounded with good commercial revenue and a great manager).

 

The key isn’t weeing and moaning about not been able to spend (despite the clubs costs being much much more than its turnover) it’s about planning, coaching, clever recruitment, a thriving academy, commercial partners, bums on seats, having a clear identity that everyone buys into (look at the promoted clubs). It’s not bickering, boycotting and spending silly..its togetherness, filling the stadium and planning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shez said:


Wages for those £150m worth of players would likely hamper any club for years to come and recurring embargos/penaltys. 
 

The two teams getting parachute payments went up....yeh, but one did in a one off game v a team that finished above them and sold 2 players for £30m so that they could invest in their squad (compounded with good recruitment and a good manager) and the other finished 10 points behind the league winners who sold £30m worth of players to balance the books and help further squad improvements (compounded with good commercial revenue and a great manager).

 

The key isn’t weeing and moaning about not been able to spend (despite the clubs costs being much much more than its turnover) it’s about planning, coaching, clever recruitment, a thriving academy, commercial partners, bums on seats, having a clear identity that everyone buys into (look at the promoted clubs). It’s not bickering, boycotting and spending silly..its togetherness, filling the stadium and planning.

 I prefer one big spendageddon, not a few smaller attempts. Chansiri went 75% of the way but we landed between two stools.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Modfather100 said:

 

Did they lose 20 million the season they went up or 55 million? You have quoted both?

 

 

Sorry - they lost £20m the season before they went up BUT the accounts were reported in the season they went up

 

The £55m is reported in the first season they were in the Prem.

 

Its always a season behind (for all clubs)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Grandad said:

 

Sorry - they lost £20m the season before they went up BUT the accounts were reported in the season they went up

 

The £55m is reported in the first season they were in the Prem.

 

Its always a season behind (for all clubs)

 

Ahhh with it now.

 

From what I see clubs were very clever. Went for it in the last year but with saleable assets so if they didn't go up they would sell and claw the money back.

 

Our recruitment has been truly awful on that front.

Edited by Modfather100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Modfather100 said:

 

Ahhh with it now.

 

From what I see clubs were very clever. Went for it in the last year but with saleable assets so if they didn't go up they would sell and claw the money back.

 

Our recruitment has been truly awful on that front.

 

The strategy was perfect. They essentially went as far as they could with the £39m loss over 3 years - then bust the bank to ensure promotion

 

Risky. But clever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grandad said:

 

The strategy was perfect. They essentially went as far as they could with the £39m loss over 3 years - then bust the bank to ensure promotion

 

Risky. But clever.

 

Spoke to a Wolves mate, he says (he woukd I guess) that their massive loss in the promition season was due to bonus payments and signing the likes of Neves and Jota on permanents once they had gone up. So clever use of the loan market for a low risk gamble.

 

It just shows. All teams look at loopholes and risks which makes me laugh when the other clubs bkeat on like they're whiter than white. We just royally messed up at both.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/08/2020 at 11:05, dykwim said:

Let’s chuck £150m at it and see what happens. Put a quality side together and win the playoffs after overcoming the 12 point deduction and go up to the promised land leaving the EFLs stupid rules behind us. 
 

All we need is a couple more lucky elephants and we can pull this off. 

 

I was going to say this was the most ridiculous post I've seen on OT for a long time but then you saved yourself by mentioning the elephants lol

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...