Do we start afresh now with P&S / FFP?

Just now, Dizzys Dad said:

Do we start the new season with a clean slate financially, or do the previous 2 seasons merge with next season to make the 3 year target again at the end of next season?

We’ll never get out of this if we don’t get a fresh start.

ive just asked that on another thread .....i suspect we wont get the answer we are hoping for 

• Like 1

It goes on a rolling 3 year period, so we still need to keep below an average of £13m losses per year. The next accounts which are due out imminently will show a bigger loss than that. 

I don't know if the ground sale is permissible at all now or if last year's slight profit with it included still counts.

• Like 1

Just now, alanharper said:

It goes on a rolling 3 year period, so we still need to keep below an average of £13m losses per year. The next accounts which are due out imminently will show a bigger loss than that. 

I don't know if the ground sale is permissible at all now or if last year's slight profit with it included still counts.

If the ground sale is permitted and we can start splashing the cash I fully expect other clubs to lose their minds and go all lawsuity OR just do the same that we did

Reyt mess

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Let’s chuck £150m at it and see what happens. Put a quality side together and win the playoffs after overcoming the 12 point deduction and go up to the promised land leaving the EFLs stupid rules behind us. 

All we need is a couple more lucky elephants and we can pull this off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Do we start the new season with a clean slate financially, or do the previous 2 seasons merge with next season to make the 3 year target again at the end of next season?

We’ll never get out of this if we don’t get a fresh start.

We need Rhodes and Westwood off the wage bill. I don't know what they earn but if rumours are believed they make up 4/5 good championship player wages and are all but useless to us. 

I think relegation would have given us a fresh start with FFP, this being the only reason I think it would have been favourable to apply -12 to current table, obviously that would be a terrible option financially too but wow what a mess we're in!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If the ground sale is permitted and we can start splashing the cash I fully expect other clubs to lose their minds and go all lawsuity OR just do the same that we did

Reyt mess

Spot on mate. If we start doing a Viv Nicholson there are going to be some seriously angry clubs in the championship. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Reyt mess

If it's permitted we're still likely to be breaking the £39M 3 year FFP threshold.

2018  -£20.8m

2019  + £2.5m

2020  probably at least  -£25m 

The years above are the years of the released accounts, not the actual years that the accounts relate to. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alanharper said:

It does go on three year rolling, but are you sure that if we are punished for FFP over a 3 year period then it doesn't reset that 3 year rolling period as I am sure I read that it did.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

It does go on three year rolling, but are you sure that if we are punished for FFP over a 3 year period then it doesn't reset that 3 year rolling period as I am sure I read that it did.

how can it? Think about it. Thats just opens the door for another 3 years to go mental with spending again.

• Haha 1

Just now, pazowl55 said:

I honestly don't know exactly how it works if a club already receives a punishment. 

For example, say if a club broke even every year apart from one when they have a £100m loss (an extreme example I know!). They get a 9-12 point deduction for breaching FFP. But that one bad year will put them over the 3 year rolling limit for 3 years in a row, so would they get a deduction for 3 years in a row or are they only punished for that first bad year when those accounts came out? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I honestly don't know exactly how it works if a club already receives a punishment. 

For example, say if a club broke even every year apart from one when they have a £100m loss (an extreme example I know!). They get a 9-12 point deduction for breaching FFP. But that one bad year will put them over the 3 year rolling limit for 3 years in a row, so would they get a deduction for 3 years in a row or are they only punished for that first bad year when those accounts came out? 

Beat me to it.