Barnsley

1 hour ago, Pacific said:

When do you think Barnsley will launch their legal action for our 12 point deduction to be applied this season?

I was trying to be ironic!

Guest wilyfox

I suspect if Wigan's appeal is successful, Barnsley will contest our case.

If Wigan's appeal is unsuccessful, Charlton will contest our case.

If Wigan's appeal is unsuccessful, they too may challenge if their deduction is applied this season & ours is carried over. 

The EFL and the board that gave the punishment should have made it clear from the very start that any punishment will be applied next season. Instead in keeping it quiet they have opened a massive can of worms.

We broke the rules we have been punished that’s how it goes but in not making the process clear other clubs can rightly feel aggrieved.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dykwim said:

It’s alright, the new season starts sooner than any legal action could conclude

Yes and the EFL and the so called independent panel knew that full well when they delayed announcing their verdict and punishment.

• Like 1

What if all the clubs trying to get out of being relegated by demanding other clubs lose points remember that the EFL won their appeal against the independent panel's decison to clear Birmingham of further breaches this season,  but still didn't deduct any further points? 

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

That was my joke from weeks ago but I’ll let you borrow it lol

2 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

At least they will be able to count the number of points deducted on the fingers of both hands.

No joking I was coming away from Oakwell a few years back, we had parked on Pontefract Road but still had all around the houses to come away from the ground. Just got to the bottom of that hill and there was a bit of a skirmish and I got punched ON THE BACK OF MY HEAD ! Anyway I think it only hurt so much as the Dingle had six knuckles.

3 hours ago, Pacific said:

When do you think Barnsley will launch their legal action for our 12 point deduction to be applied this season?

Yep after all the bleating they've been doing all year about any points deduction for us should apply this season. 

Now with Wigan's plight saving them, they'll change their tune and want our deduction to be applied next season.

Unless of course Wigan are successful in their appeal, then they will be back to asking the EFL to deduct us this season :biggrin:.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I suspect if Wigan's appeal is successful, Barnsley will contest our case.

If Wigan's appeal is unsuccessful, Charlton will contest our case.

If Wigan's appeal is unsuccessful, they too may challenge if their deduction is applied this season & ours is carried over. 

Eh

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
30 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Eh

Charlton need 2 teams to drop into bottom 3 for them to stay up. Appealing our case would be futile if Wigan's appeal is successful. Likewise, if Wigan's appeal fails, it won't matter to Barnsley what happens to us. 

21 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Charlton need 2 teams to drop into bottom 3 for them to stay up. Appealing our case would be futile if Wigan's appeal is successful. Likewise, if Wigan's appeal fails, it won't matter to Barnsley what happens to us. 

It will matter to them.

They will change their stance of the last 6 moths of wanting our points deduction to apply this season.

They will then definitely want it to take effect next season so they have a 12 points start on us.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

It will matter to them.

They will change their stance of the last 6 moths of wanting our points deduction to apply this season.

They will then definitely want it to take effect next season so they have a 12 points start on us.

Correct. I worded it wrong. It wouldn't serve their interests to challenge - provided Wigan's appeal fails.