Comparing punishment.

5 minutes ago, metaframe said:

Go into Administration - stuff over suppliers, government, local people and staff = 12 points 

breach p&s for 1 year on a technicality around ground sale, no actual financial harm done to nation or locality = 12 points 

it’s not right. 

I agree, and that why I think it will be reduced to six.on appeal. The other badly runs clubs Wigan and Charlton will then have to get back in their boxes and life will go on.

Ie SWFC being ruined by a stubborn bloke who has completely misplaced idea that he knows how to run a football club.

It was always going to be a minimum of 12 points, once we were found guilty. It could have been a lot worse, a stiffer penalty and one that could have been imposed this season Once people calm down, I’m sure most will see this as being, as good as we could reasonably expect

• Like 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

It was always going to be a minimum of 12 points, once we were found guilty. It could have been a lot worse, a stiffer penalty and one that could have been imposed this season Once people calm down, I’m sure most will see this as being, as good as we could reasonably expect

its the maximum punishment for the charge we were found guilty of!

The charge we weren't found guilty of had a maximum punishment of 9 points!

That's where the 21 points comes from!

47 minutes ago, metaframe said:

Go into Administration - stuff over suppliers, government, local people and staff = 12 points 

breach p&s for 1 year on a technicality around ground sale, no actual financial harm done to nation or locality = 12 points 

it’s not right. 

Aww poor us.

It’s such an injustice that we’ve been handed a 12 point deduction for, breaching rules we’ve continuously attempted to circumvent. 

The rules are clear for all to see. 

• Like 1

You’re missing the point most of you.  

One financially affects Chansiri, the other stiffs the local and national economy and the tax payer. 

I don’t really get the “haha we deserve it” nonsense — pig infiltration warning. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, metaframe said:

One financially affects Chansiri, the other stiffs the local and national economy and the tax payer. 

I don’t really get the “haha we deserve it” nonsense — pig infiltration warning. 

I always sigh when I read comments like this

It's like the weakest thing anyone could ever post

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

P+S was brought in to prevent clubs continuously going into admin and getting a fresh start. Clubs failing to comply with that, regardless of the owners wealth, should be punished accordingly.

What’s your solution? 50000 point deduction for admin?  Truth be told there’s usually a lot of factors which result in admin. In Wigan’s case the EFL look to have facilitated it for crying out loud! 

Would you be showing such a moral outrage if we’d not been handed a 12 point deduction? Of course you would.

Edited by 0wl18

We’ve broken 3 year p&s rule so I expect to be punished, but I also expect to be punished the same as other clubs for the same offence. (Birmingham)

Then we are all on the same playing field. Just like with going into admin.

I also expect that those clubs who previously broke the rules and are now re-entering membership of the efl be punished retrospectively. (Bournemouth)

This will make the efl well run organisation and fair.

• Like 2

It's not nonsense though is it?

The rules are there for a reason and would have been agreed by EFL clubs at the AGM.

If we just got a token punishment of 6 points or under it would encourage other clubs to overspend, and risk bankruptcy, in their attempt to reach the Prem. 

Sky are advertising Bees v Fulham at the £170 million game. So we've finished up with rich foreign investors like Chansiri, with little knowledge or love of the club they own. 

• Like 1