Let’s all chill

We was never going to do anything this coming season and if we’re been honest the following season as well we’ll maybe a play off push. Next season was always going to be a right off so let’s get the squad sorted get behind the team and get these points knocked off. It’s 4 games it can easily be done. People saying season over before started I would love to know what they think we was going to do. Come on let’s stay together and it will change we have just got to get on with it.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

12 points is a huge amount to make up in any situation, and we will need to set off like a tornado, then keep it up, just to keep in touch with mid table next season.

In reality, this has put us firmly in a relegation scrap, if we weren't in one already.

Our squad is currently threadbare - and that is being kind.

Monk now has to sign players, who have the stomach for it, and quickly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s four games 

It’s four games????

lol

Its four games yes but it’s not that we have to just play four games 

We have to win them

Win all of them

Four games out of four 

23 games though?

To be fair we did finish 8 points above relegation despite the absolute car crash of the second half of the season so its not going to be a case of promotion form to stay up

6 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

12 points is a huge amount to make up in any situation, and we will need to set off like a tornado, then keep it up, just to keep in touch with mid table next season.

In reality, this has put us firmly in a relegation scrap, if we weren't in one already.

Our squad is currently threadbare - and that is being kind.

Monk now has to sign players, who have the stomach for it, and quickly.

Is this what you have in mind?

• Like 1

It’s the hottest night of the year. We’re 12 points behind the rest of the league before a ball has been kicked. Most of the decent players we had have just walked away from the club. Doesn’t look like we have any money for new signings. And you’re telling people to chill 

lol

• Haha 3

Just now, pat blondeau said:

It’s the hottest night of the year. We’re 12 points behind the rest of the league before a ball has been kicked. Most of the decent players we had have just walked away from the club. Doesn’t look like we have any money for new signings. And you’re telling people to chill 

lol

Hahahahaha what else is there to do lose your mind. People need to understand we was never ever ever going to do anything next season let’s take the hit now I believe we’re good enough to make the points up and start again. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Not the best circumstances to replace the spine of our team, with Younger, Better & Cheaper 

Westwood, Fox, Hutchinson, Lee, Forestierri, Fletcher ... 

post-445-0-75307200-1328998695_thumb.jpg

Your picture makes no sense.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

lol

It could be worse. I’m not sure how. But it could be. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s four games 

It’s four games????

lol

We have to win them

Win all of them

Four games out of four 

I look at it like we need to earn 62 points from the season to stay up, that gives us the 50 points that is usually required to beat the drop.....that means an 11% improvement on the season just ended....we 'should' be able to achieve that.

The deduction 'should' instill a fighting spirit from the start instead of a gradual realisation they better start battling, they have six weeks to get into the mind set, staying up will be a successful season, we can do it, we should do it, if we don't then there really is something wrong, Monk will have to go & we start again.

Weirdly I'm looking forward to it now, what's done is done, Wednesday have a hardcore of fans who WILL get into supporting the team through this, they just need to see the players are up for it EVERY match win or lose...a lot has been said about the 70's on here lately, well I went through the 70's like a lot of others, the hardcore support then was the best I've ever seen it, the hardcore can do it again & will do it again, for me that's enough....the team shows guts & we are there behind them.....I didn't even know who the chairman was in the seventies, I didn't care, I didn't care about politics, finance, wages, anything like that...all I cared about & still do is the football on the pitch & the support off of it.....I'm into next season big time already, I can't wait for it.

Also never mind the Covid poo , there's other ways to get behind the team if fans can't get to the game....this forum is one of those ways. Get behind them now & we WILL do it.

• Like 4

There is also the Covid factor, the longer it goes on other clubs, particularly smaller ones may well struggle financially and end up going into admin and getting a 12 point deduction. I know it’s not ideal relying on others misfortune but it is what it is. 

9 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

lol

If we lose the first 2 or 3 there will be a meltdown big enough to thaw the polar ice caps

10 hours ago, owls79 said:

We was never going to do anything this coming season and if we’re been honest the following season as well we’ll maybe a play off push. Next season was always going to be a right off so let’s get the squad sorted get behind the team and get these points knocked off. It’s 4 games it can easily be done. People saying season over before started I would love to know what they think we was going to do. Come on let’s stay together and it will change we have just got to get on with it.

As we seem to be writing off several years, will it be reflected in ticket prices?

We had Champagne for a few years, now it's Tesco own Shandy.  

Just imagine we win our first 7 games then lose 2 then draw 2.

That puts us on 11 points with a quarter of the season gone.

11 points after winning 7 on the bounce, scary.

But if we replicate last seasons first half of the season we'd be on 28.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

10 hours ago, owls79 said:

So, the only way is up, and for men with spirit and commitment to do their duty

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s four games 

It’s four games????

lol

We have to win them

Win all of them

Four games out of four 

Since you have maximum confidence in Monk shouldn't be a problem should it?

• Haha 1