Massive Over Reaction

I know I am generalising the cases as equal, but surely Derby will also start the season on -12? What about Birmingham? One scenario is that three clubs start the season on minus points. We would still need to be better than them mind....however, we may not be alone!

Just because there’s bad stuff happening in the world, doesn’t mean people can’t get p*ssed off when stuff happens that isn’t life or death. This football club is important and we love it, and it’s being made into a circus which I find unacceptable 

Edited by Django
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

So at what point is it justifiable to get upset about something that has played a massive part of people’s life since they were kids being flushed down the toilet?

DC is responsible for an absolute lack of leadership and management of our club, incompetence of the highest level.

• Like 1

Thank you for coming on here and posting this OP. I’ve been guilty in the past of getting too wrapped up in off the field matters related to football, which has completely ruined my time as a Wednesday supporter and ruined my enjoyment of the wider game. 

After last nights news broke, those thoughts washed over me again. Cba to go anymore, not bothered about watching the FA cup final today etc. 

After reading your post it’s reaffirmed to me that I won’t let such issues spoil my enjoyment of the game, as a supporter. 

I normally hate “it’s only a game” type sentiments. But yours was so cleverly disguised and truthful to what being a supporter is about for me. Haha

Edited by Martin Dowse

Love and passion for this club. -12 points next season, fight from the start, stay up then the season after win the league and go up...easy. 

club has been here 150 years and it will be here when we have been and gone. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

DC is responsible for an absolute lack of leadership and management of our club, incompetence of the highest level.

So what do we do? Crawl into a corner and start crying...if people think this is worse than DA or stood on the court steps with a chance of getting wound up they have short memories. We have to face up to it and, when we get back in the ground, make sure the team has our 100% backing. That's how to deal with adversity...it's a fuckyou we'll show em' attitude...you know like proper Sheffielders

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Welsh76 said:

There are over 40,000 excess deaths since March, hundreds of thousands of people are about to lose their jobs (as the furlough scheme ends) and people are genuinely angry that we’ve been told that we start next season on -12 points.

It really is just football; I don’t care what division we play in, it’s a day out for me and my boys to bond and have a collective interest. For that match day we travel up from South Wales talking about the game, what we think will happen, the anticipation, the excitement, but most of all it’s a chance for me to share my love for Wednesday with my sons.

Whether we win, lose or draw, we talk about the game on the long way back home (usually fighting through traffic) and we listen the the other scores from around the grounds, cheering when certain teams lose and booing if they win. These are precious times for me that I will always remember. 

At the end of the day we were here before Chansiri and we’ll be here after Chansiri. He’s made mistakes, many of which will hurt him financially as much as his ego, but no one at the club wants us to suffer, despite any ‘creative’ accounting that has happened. 

This is a time that we all need to pull together, because 2020/21 will be a very challenging season not just on the pitch but off the pitch with real life situations (job, health etc..)

Next season is going to be a challenge, but I’m ready for it..

WAWAW

👍Well said. 

Anyone would think we've been deducted 40 points, we were never going to be challenging top 6 next season anyway so it's just made it a little more difficult than starting level on points. 

We need to win 6 more points than we did last season just gone which is only 2 wins to be pretty much safe. 

I know we need to strengthen squad and we need to bring players in that are up to challenge fighting for club, hopefully it will galvanise everyone including fans. 

53 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

I agree with the rallying cries because that's all we can do but I also agree with this statement (apart from the prem bit)

Personally I would rather have gone down and start next season on a level playing field.

If we still have Monk then it would not be a level playing field it would be like trying to crawl up Winnats Pass on your hands and knees.

34 minutes ago, bradowl said:

👍Well said. 

Anyone would think we've been deducted 40 points, we were never going to be challenging top 6 next season anyway so it's just made it a little more difficult than starting level on points. 

We need to win 6 more points than we did last season just gone which is only 2 wins to be pretty much safe. 

I know we need to strengthen squad and we need to bring players in that are up to challenge fighting for club, hopefully it will galvanise everyone including fans. 

From a side that's just won four of its last 23 league games, sounds a pretty tall order

5 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

From a side that's just won four of its last 23 league games, sounds a pretty tall order

Like I said we need to strengthen squad, it shouldn't be too difficult to replace players that are way past their best or simply rubbish. 

Our recruitment needs to be spot on because we won't spending much if any money on players but they'll be hundreds of players out there who are out of contract. 

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

So what do we do? Crawl into a corner and start crying...if people think this is worse than DA or stood on the court steps with a chance of getting wound up they have short memories. We have to face up to it and, when we get back in the ground, make sure the team has our 100% backing. That's how to deal with adversity...it's a fuckyou we'll show em' attitude...you know like proper Sheffielders

I get that Davey..............as i said in another thread , the second next season kicks off we will all be behind THE TEAM.

Can i ask what your opinion is on the way DC has managed this club ?

12 hours ago, Welsh76 said:

There are over 40,000 excess deaths since March, hundreds of thousands of people are about to lose their jobs (as the furlough scheme ends) and people are genuinely angry that we’ve been told that we start next season on -12 points.

It really is just football; I don’t care what division we play in, it’s a day out for me and my boys to bond and have a collective interest. For that match day we travel up from South Wales talking about the game, what we think will happen, the anticipation, the excitement, but most of all it’s a chance for me to share my love for Wednesday with my sons.

Whether we win, lose or draw, we talk about the game on the long way back home (usually fighting through traffic) and we listen the the other scores from around the grounds, cheering when certain teams lose and booing if they win. These are precious times for me that I will always remember. 

At the end of the day we were here before Chansiri and we’ll be here after Chansiri. He’s made mistakes, many of which will hurt him financially as much as his ego, but no one at the club wants us to suffer, despite any ‘creative’ accounting that has happened. 

This is a time that we all need to pull together, because 2020/21 will be a very challenging season not just on the pitch but off the pitch with real life situations (job, health etc..)

Next season is going to be a challenge, but I’m ready for it..

WAWAW

Anyone got a bucket to pass me.

Of course you have to see it in context. Its not a tragedy. But. With all thats going on, the very many personal disappointments, problems economic and family its yet another kick in the teeth. Contrast that feeling, all things being equal, with Leeds and Blades supporters. They have much to cheer them. We have nothing. Only Monk going, and taking his death cult philosophy with him would cheer me up, re football. The rest is life. SWFC is a self inflicted wound.