Massive Over Reaction

Guest Ferkorf

Glad the original poster doesn't care what division we play in...

But I do, especially seen as league one might not even have a season

Edited by Ferkorf

7 hours ago, Welsh76 said:

Apologies if you feel that this post is in the wrong section, it was in relation to the over reaction of some posters on here (and other social media) for the points deduction we will start next season with.  

The comments about Covid-19 and the economy were part of the concept of my post comparing the reaction to a points deduction to everything else going on in the world right now. 

Apologies again if I put it in the wrong section, I didn’t want to upset anyone.

Don't apologies it was a good post and to be honest a very level headed response to the situation. 🙂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

It's a 12 point deduction, that's all. Plenty of other clubs have overcome that handicap to retain their status over the course of a season.

A bad day in the club's history and a very shabby and unnecessary one certainly, but it's not as if we have been expelled from the league or wound up FFS!

The 12 point deduction is just another part of the flushing down the toilet of our club, just a part. 

Its the drip drip drip of failures or things I don’t like since Chansiri came in. 

Sacking Gray without giving him a fair crack of the whip. 

the conveyor belt of advisors.  

Doyen. 

the badge. 

removing stripes. 

Laughing stock mental shirt numbers. 

driving away POTG. 

disastrous corporate hospitality pricing. 

plastering Chansiri everywhere. 

At best “dodgy” sponsorship by companies that you couldn’t buy anything from. 

The flood of anecdotal stories that he doesn’t listen. 

The non event of our 150th anniversary. 

There is more but I can’t be bothered to list them anymore as it’s not as important as Covid, or climate change, or World peace, so I shouldn’t be concerned with any of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Welsh76 said:

There are over 40,000 excess deaths since March, hundreds of thousands of people are about to lose their jobs (as the furlough scheme ends) and people are genuinely angry that we’ve been told that we start next season on -12 points.

It really is just football; I don’t care what division we play in, it’s a day out for me and my boys to bond and have a collective interest. For that match day we travel up from South Wales talking about the game, what we think will happen, the anticipation, the excitement, but most of all it’s a chance for me to share my love for Wednesday with my sons.

Whether we win, lose or draw, we talk about the game on the long way back home (usually fighting through traffic) and we listen the the other scores from around the grounds, cheering when certain teams lose and booing if they win. These are precious times for me that I will always remember. 

At the end of the day we were here before Chansiri and we’ll be here after Chansiri. He’s made mistakes, many of which will hurt him financially as much as his ego, but no one at the club wants us to suffer, despite any ‘creative’ accounting that has happened. 

This is a time that we all need to pull together, because 2020/21 will be a very challenging season not just on the pitch but off the pitch with real life situations (job, health etc..)

Next season is going to be a challenge, but I’m ready for it..

WAWAW

That's fair enough but what the actualfuck has a global pandemic got to do with the Billy Smart and his Circus.

• Like 2

I don't see any evidence of a " massive over - reaction" to use the OP's words, but I do see people expressing their frustration and disappointment at the way things have turned out - after all, this is a football forum.

I don't see any benefit in bringing COVID 19 into the discussion - people generally do have a sense of proportion and perspective, SWFC fans are no different. IMHO

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

It's worse than you thought.

It's over 65,000 excess deaths.

Absolutely right, the number of UK excess deaths over the 3 months from mid-March to mid-June was 65,200 (Office of National Statistics). But the mild weather at the beginning of the year meant that early 2020 deaths were less than the five-year average. This suggests that excess deaths March to June could be about 70,000. About one in every thousand people died.

We are the undisputed Champions of Europe for total Covid deaths. And World Champions for death rate. 

Best to keep a 12 point deduction next season in context of real life-and-death. 

I'm a little surprised at the intensity of the reaction too, simply because all this has seemed "priced in" for a while. It's not great but it's far from the worst case and it hasn't really altered my not very high opinion of our owner one way or the other. 

Anyway. No doubt Mr Chansiri will have learned from all of this and we look forward to a brighter future. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Football is an ESCAPE from Covid ffs

Yep, COVID-19, lockdowns, substantial business losses, deteriorating relations between China and the west that some predict could even result in all out war, the effects on my own business and not being able to return to a business that I am funding in China............

............but fortunately, I have all the good news coming out of Sheffield Wednesday as a distraction and escape!

:Chansiri:

• Like 1

Some people have brain tumours

Doesnt mean my head doesn’t hurt like F..k after a night out 

and I presume if you’ve ever had cramp in your hamstring your reaction would be

”ooh, that’s a bit of a twinge there......I could cry like a girl but some people have had their amputated so I’ll just carry on as though nothings happened”

Edited by Ian

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Yep, COVID-19, lockdowns, substantial business losses, deteriorating relations between China and the west that some predict could even result in all out war, the effects on my own business and not being able to return to a business that I am funding in China............

............but fortunately, I have all the good news coming out of Sheffield Wednesday as a distraction and escape!

:Chansiri:

Yes, great news that we have not been relegated. Presumably because EFL fear an appeal by Chansiri which would have screwed them up as they would not have known full list of Championship clubs for next season's fixtures. Celebrate !

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The Chairman isn’t the club

It's not but he does single handedly own everything about it...even the ground.

So it maybe our club but its definitely Chansiris club.

Unfortunately he's also single handedly ballsed it all up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

It's not but he does single handedly own everything about it...even the ground.

So it maybe our club but its definitely Chansiris club.

Unfortunately he's also single handedly ballsed it all up

He has, but in misguidedly trying to do the best for the club, not in trying to rip us off !

3 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Massive over reaction?

We have an owner who's a cheat!

Advisors taking the club for a ride!

A manger that has just got 4 wins in 23!

A squad that would struggle in league one!

A massive recruitment drive needed and given our history I'm not convinced!

We start on -12 points and we could end up adrift all season! 

We've paid the highest prices in the league for all this!

And as for the OP, I do care what division we are in, I want to be in Premier League and with Chansiri and Monk we are miles away despite spending £150million.

People who say 'it will be alright' or 'bring it on' 'Support Chansiri' or 'Get behind Monk' are just burying their head in the sand or have you forgot the second half of last season with this manager  and the last 3 years with this owner!

I agree with the rallying cries because that's all we can do but I also agree with this statement (apart from the prem bit)

Personally I would rather have gone down and start next season on a level playing field.

Just now, meggoisgod said:

I agree with the rallying cries because that's all we can do but I also agree with this statement (apart from the prem bit)

Personally I would rather have gone down and start next season on a level playing field.

Where we would have the best players in that league clamouring to play for us Maybe we can join Charlton in an appeal

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sibon said:

I’m not.

You are the keeper of the archive. Go take a look.

The Rhodes thread is huge, excitable and largely in favour of spending £10m on a striker we didn’t need.

Yeah i never understood the 'Wednesday fans want Rhodes'..rhetoric..Who? What Wednesday fans/ Owlstalk?...And how/who transferred that to Mr Chansiri?...Many on here,armchair Managers(like me) who watch/listen to the games could see where the team needed strengthening,Did we really need to go out,and buy the players that we did?..as opposed to those that we clearly needed? Give them long contracts,so that we were stuck with that alleged dilema? Like a bad dose of the sh*ts,unable to move on players,& having to ask Manager's to make do & mend....?

8 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

He has, but in misguidedly trying to do the best for the club, not in trying to rip us off !

I agree...I very much doubt he has sabotaged the club deliberately but we are now in a worse situation than before he arrived...proper head in hands realisation