Massive Over Reaction

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday is an EACAPE for everyone from their health, job, mental health problems though mate 

Right now it’s absolutely essential to many people 

Football will still be there next season, it’s just we’re starting on -12 points. 

What does that -12 points mean to you? What will you do differently next season because of it?

For me it won’t change a single thing, I’ve already pre-paid for the new tops, I’ll turn up for games when I’m allowed and I’ll support the team from start to finish, win lose or draw

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Wrong section. 

Apologies if you feel that this post is in the wrong section, it was in relation to the over reaction of some posters on here (and other social media) for the points deduction we will start next season with.  

The comments about Covid-19 and the economy were part of the concept of my post comparing the reaction to a points deduction to everything else going on in the world right now. 

Apologies again if I put it in the wrong section, I didn’t want to upset anyone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Welsh76 said:

Apologies if you feel that this post is in the wrong section, it was in relation to the over reaction of some posters on here (and other social media) for the points deduction we will start next season with.  

The comments about Covid-19 and the economy were part of the concept of my post comparing the reaction to a points deduction to everything else going on in the world right now. 

Apologies again if I put it in the wrong section, I didn’t want to upset anyone.

Ignore it mate it’s fine in this section you’ve done nothing wrong at all! 👍

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

This is a club website for football talk; no one is denying there’s other things more important in life. But we’ve just been docked 12 points, we have a hapless chairman, and the club is going down the swanny, and it’s not great, hence people talk about it on a fans forum. 

Edited by Rogers
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

This is a club website for football talk; no one is denying there’s other things more important in life. But we’ve just been docked 12 points, we have a hapless chairmen, and the club is going down the swanny, and it’s not great, hence people talk about it on a fans forum. 

Yes and no.

We've been down the swanny before and back up it again.

Navigating the swanny is over hyped.

😇

2 minutes ago, Rogers said:

This is a club website for football talk; no one is denying there’s other things more important in life. But we’ve just been docked 12 points, we have a hapless chairmen, and the club is going down the swanny, and it’s not great, hence people talk about it on a fans forum. 

Its one thing talking and discussing things but there’s a few people looking like they’re about to jump of a ledge somewhere!

3 Positives:

1. The points deduction could have been applied this season (relegation)

2. We could have had up to 21 points deducted next season (almost certain relegation)

3. I’m having a curry tomorrow night

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Yes and no.

We've been down the swanny before and back up it again.

Navigating the swanny is over hyped.

😇

yeah, I know what your saying. But fans/people are more fickle these and the money involved is crazy. 

In the past the people stuck by the club to a certain extent and the gaps in income were easier to overcome.  

Selling the ground, poor manger, clueless chairman, terrible squad, lack of legitimate commercial income; it won’t be an easy to recover these days. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

It's still Sheffield Wednesday. 

My Club.

Always will be.

-12 points? Bring it on.

Roll on next season. 

Some people just don't get it.

correct...if people stop moaning like ******* and back monk and the squad, anything could happen. We know what the affect the fans have on our games!!!

i wish DC would drop the price of the tickets to put an extra 5k in seats...make it affordable and get the fans back on side and in the stadium (when we can obviously), that would be a start. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

correct...if people stop moaning like ******* and back monk and the squad, anything could happen. We know what the affect the fans have on our games!!!

i wish DC would drop the price of the tickets to put an extra 5k in seats...make it affordable and get the fans back on side and in the stadium (when we can obviously), that would be a start. 

Moaning?  We should be mobilising a DC out campaign right now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Massive over reaction?

We have an owner who's a cheat!

Advisors taking the club for a ride!

A manger that has just got 4 wins in 23!

A squad that would struggle in league one!

A massive recruitment drive needed and given our history I'm not convinced!

We start on -12 points and we could end up adrift all season! 

We've paid the highest prices in the league for all this!

And as for the OP, I do care what division we are in, I want to be in Premier League and with Chansiri and Monk we are miles away despite spending £150million.

People who say 'it will be alright' or 'bring it on' 'Support Chansiri' or 'Get behind Monk' are just burying their head in the sand or have you forgot the second half of last season with this manager  and the last 3 years with this owner!

Edited by jonnyowl
  • Like 3

It's a football forum, specifically linked to Sheffield Wednesday.

I wonder if on science forums, specifically linked to Covid19, there is a topic discussing Wednesday's 12 points deduction.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest mrbluesky
7 hours ago, Welsh76 said:

There are over 40,000 excess deaths since March, hundreds of thousands of people are about to lose their jobs (as the furlough scheme ends) and people are genuinely angry that we’ve been told that we start next season on -12 points.

It really is just football; I don’t care what division we play in, it’s a day out for me and my boys to bond and have a collective interest. For that match day we travel up from South Wales talking about the game, what we think will happen, the anticipation, the excitement, but most of all it’s a chance for me to share my love for Wednesday with my sons.

Whether we win, lose or draw, we talk about the game on the long way back home (usually fighting through traffic) and we listen the the other scores from around the grounds, cheering when certain teams lose and booing if they win. These are precious times for me that I will always remember. 

At the end of the day we were here before Chansiri and we’ll be here after Chansiri. He’s made mistakes, many of which will hurt him financially as much as his ego, but no one at the club wants us to suffer, despite any ‘creative’ accounting that has happened. 

This is a time that we all need to pull together, because 2020/21 will be a very challenging season not just on the pitch but off the pitch with real life situations (job, health etc..)

Next season is going to be a challenge, but I’m ready for it..

WAWAW

Thanks, DC

7 hours ago, Welsh76 said:

There are over 40,000 excess deaths since March, hundreds of thousands of people are about to lose their jobs (as the furlough scheme ends) and people are genuinely angry that we’ve been told that we start next season on -12 points.

It really is just football; I don’t care what division we play in, it’s a day out for me and my boys to bond and have a collective interest. For that match day we travel up from South Wales talking about the game, what we think will happen, the anticipation, the excitement, but most of all it’s a chance for me to share my love for Wednesday with my sons.

Whether we win, lose or draw, we talk about the game on the long way back home (usually fighting through traffic) and we listen the the other scores from around the grounds, cheering when certain teams lose and booing if they win. These are precious times for me that I will always remember. 

At the end of the day we were here before Chansiri and we’ll be here after Chansiri. He’s made mistakes, many of which will hurt him financially as much as his ego, but no one at the club wants us to suffer, despite any ‘creative’ accounting that has happened. 

This is a time that we all need to pull together, because 2020/21 will be a very challenging season not just on the pitch but off the pitch with real life situations (job, health etc..)

Next season is going to be a challenge, but I’m ready for it..

WAWAW

There’s always one...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

It's still Sheffield Wednesday. 

My Club.

Always will be.

-12 points? Bring it on.

Roll on next season. 

Some people just don't get it.

You are right some people don’t ... 

I honestly think we need to go out of business before it hits home to some of you just how useless chansiri is . 

fair play those with enthusiasm and loyalty to the club but being a laughing stock year in year out wore thin a long time ago 

• Like 1