Massive Over Reaction

Guest Therealrealist
10 minutes ago, Welsh76 said:

There are over 40,000 excess deaths since March, hundreds of thousands of people are about to lose their jobs (as the furlough scheme ends) and people are genuinely angry that we’ve been told that we start next season on -12 points.

It really is just football; I don’t care what division we play in, it’s a day out for me and my boys to bond and have a collective interest. For that match day we travel up from South Wales talking about the game, what we think will happen, the anticipation, the excitement, but most of all it’s a chance for me to share my love for Wednesday with my sons.

Whether we win, lose or draw, we talk about the game on the long way back home (usually fighting through traffic) and we listen the the other scores from around the grounds, cheering when certain teams lose and booing if they win. These are precious times for me that I will always remember. 

At the end of the day we were here before Chansiri and we’ll be here after Chansiri. He’s made mistakes, many of which will hurt him financially as much as his ego, but no one at the club wants us to suffer, despite any ‘creative’ accounting that has happened. 

This is a time that we all need to pull together, because 2020/21 will be a very challenging season not just on the pitch but off the pitch with real life situations (job, health etc..)

Next season is going to be a challenge, but I’m ready for it..

WAWAW

Been waiting for the first ‘perspective’ post...boring and pointless to compare the hapless dc with covid 19

14 minutes ago, Welsh76 said:

There are over 40,000 excess deaths since March, hundreds of thousands of people are about to lose their jobs (as the furlough scheme ends) and people are genuinely angry that we’ve been told that we start next season on -12 points.

It really is just football; I don’t care what division we play in, it’s a day out for me and my boys to bond and have a collective interest. For that match day we travel up from South Wales talking about the game, what we think will happen, the anticipation, the excitement, but most of all it’s a chance for me to share my love for Wednesday with my sons.

Whether we win, lose or draw, we talk about the game on the long way back home (usually fighting through traffic) and we listen the the other scores from around the grounds, cheering when certain teams lose and booing if they win. These are precious times for me that I will always remember. 

At the end of the day we were here before Chansiri and we’ll be here after Chansiri. He’s made mistakes, many of which will hurt him financially as much as his ego, but no one at the club wants us to suffer, despite any ‘creative’ accounting that has happened. 

This is a time that we all need to pull together, because 2020/21 will be a very challenging season not just on the pitch but off the pitch with real life situations (job, health etc..)

WAWAW

100%.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Talk about totally rewriting history

I’m not.

You are the keeper of the archive. Go take a look.

The Rhodes thread is huge, excitable and largely in favour of spending £10m on a striker we didn’t need.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Welsh76 said:

WAWAW

But this a fans football forum.

1 minute ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

So at what point is it justifiable to get upset about something that has played a massive part of people’s life since they were kids being flushed down the toilet?

At no time is your life being "Flushed down the toilet"

The future is yet toe happen, and next season is a new chapter in the long history of SWFC.

We are still in the championship and weather we get a 12 point deduction or not will not alter the fact that we were never going to bother the top 6 of this league with the rebuilding needed.

We will finish comfortably in mid table, about 10th, next season, but if you feel that is failure and you cannot hold your head up, then by all means feel free to with hold your support, both financially and physically, then that is your prerogative.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, sibon said:

I’m not.

You are the keeper of the archive. Go take a look.

The Rhodes thread is huge, excitable and largely in favour of spending £10m on a striker we didn’t need.

Ahh actually sorry you’re correct

I remember that thread 

Sorry I apologise

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

So at what point is it justifiable to get upset about something that has played a massive part of people’s life since they were kids being flushed down the toilet?

It's a 12 point deduction, that's all. Plenty of other clubs have overcome that handicap to retain their status over the course of a season.

A bad day in the club's history and a very shabby and unnecessary one certainly, but it's not as if we have been expelled from the league or wound up FFS!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Football is an ESCAPE from Covid ffs

To a certain extent it is yes but when you've had a life threatening health issue & then get covid straight after your outlook & priorities change somewhat. Sheffield Wednesday is still important to me but football in general is no longer the be all & end all it's been for most of my life.

5 minutes ago, mogbad said:

To a certain extent it is yes but when you've had a life threatening health issue & then get covid straight after your outlook & priorities change somewhat. Sheffield Wednesday is still important to me but football in general is no longer the be all & end all it's been for most of my life.

Sheffield Wednesday is an ESCAPE for everyone from their health, job, mental health problems though mate 

Right now it’s absolutely essential to many people 

Owlstalk Shop