Refund season tickets NOW

Guest Grandad

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I didn’t though

Does this same logic of yours also apply to Garry Monk?

If we had won the last ten games on the bounce our fans would consider him a hero and would be queueing up for a photo with him

Is this how this works?

You didn't because we failed but we came pretty close..  If we had won promotion to the Premier League in 2016 after a 16 year absence you would have been one of those fans calling Chansiri a hero, its very easy to deny now in hindsight.  If Monk eventually gets us promoted yes I'll have a picture... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I’d rather take that chance within a manageable budget than waste money that we can’t afford within FFP on big contracts for players who are guaranteed to have no sell on value at 32 or 33. 

Every player signing is a calculated risk but I think it’s called cutting your cloth plus the chance to sell players on has to be a sensible business model in our position. 

There are no other options , we are skint thanks to DC so we will bring what we can afford simple as that.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
43 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Liquidation would be more likely. 

That doesn’t make sense though.. say he wants out. He’s going to want to maximise how much money he can get back for the club. All of our losses in the accounts are now historical and already paid by Chansiri, so unless he’s run up some debts with third parties we don’t know about we’re ok on that front.

In addition, the players still contracted to the club won’t be on much bar 3-4 notable exceptions we all know about. 

Someone would pay £25-30m for the club and stadium and have a go at rebuilding. £25-30m is more than he’d get from liquidating and it’s more than he’d get from converting the stadium into flats or something.

So if he really wants out his best bet is to just sell rather than do anything else.

Personally I think he’s a gambler who will hold on on the off chance we somehow get promoted and he gets his money back. Unless his family or wife tell him enough’s enough. Doesn’t seem the sort of guy who would want to quit and admit defeat as he’s stubborn.

If he does stay I can see the budget being vastly reduced which makes promotion much less likely when you add on the points deduction and Monk it’s nearly impossible. So we’re going to go round in circles and it’s all rather depressing

Edited by LondonOwl313

2 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

And neither will backing a man who is single handedly destroying our club and its future piece by piece. Honestly I can't believe so called Wednesday fans can even defend this man after what he's done over the years here.

I’m not defending him but realistically we need him to fund the club right now. 

If a genuine buyer comes along to bankroll and run the club then great. I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for that though. 

• Like 4

Just now, MASSIVE_WEDNESDAY said:

You didn't because we failed but we came pretty close..  If we had won promotion to the Premier League in 2016 after a 16 year absence you would have been one of those fans calling Chansiri a hero, its very easy to deny now in hindsight.  If Monk eventually gets us promoted yes I'll have a picture... 

Yeah my point being that nobody should be slating Monk or calling for him to be sacked, because if we had won the last ten games he would have been a hero

etc etc 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, RichSheffWeds said:

If a genuine buyer comes along to bankroll and run the club then great. I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for that though. 

I can actually agree with you on that last bit, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, RichSheffWeds said:

That’s fair enough 

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ive no idea mate

The critics are pointing out that this situation has been on the cards for a couple of years 

The Uberfans are calling people snowflakes and saying we should just shut up and keep clapping the Chairman

Its a right mess

Ive no answers me 

Indeed it is, some really poor decision making but oh so close in that first couple of years despite it. 

For me, unless someone else with big money comes along prepared to dig him and us out of this (seems unlikely but who knows) then I only see two other options for us as fans to choose. Tear the club apart, or do our best to support it.

I hope there’s another, better way, but until that other way presents itself I’m going down the path of the worse we get, the loader I’ll sing. (via I-follow)

• Love 2

Leading the club to a points deduction is a disgrace. I don’t care if he was showing ambition, run us properly and show ambition in the way Brentford and Leeds have done. Surround yourself with proper experienced football people, don’t take advice of football agents. Don’t fall out with the people you employ to help run the club. Listen to advice and don’t go on the defensive when people question how you’re running things.

So fed up with this club under DC. But what’s the alternative? I don’t trust him to sell to anyone competent and I don’t think he’ll ever leave. An absolute mess. 

• Like 4

Just now, slow83 said:

Indeed it is, some really poor decision making but oh so close in that first couple of years despite it. 

For me, unless someone else with big money comes along prepared to dig him and us out of this (seems unlikely but who knows) then I only see two other options for us as fans to choose. Tear the club apart, or do our best to support it.

I hope there’s another, better way, but until that other way presents itself I’m going down the path of the worse we get, the loader I’ll sing. (via I-follow)

Yeah fair play mate 

Can’t knock that at all 👍

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, Watto said:

And you'd have been confident with this clown leading us in the premier League , I don't think we'd have lasted long myself!

I'm not sure how confident I'd be but IF he had got us promoted I would back him based on him positioning us to compete in the championship and gain promotion.. we came within 90 mins. 

• Like 1

Just now, MASSIVE_WEDNESDAY said:

we came within 90 mins. 

We did! And it was a real ride!

BUT

How long can we keep pointing back to a failure years ago to justify constant, repeated failures on and off the pitch?

Just what exactly is it going to take before we as fans finally say ok it’s got bad now and needs to stop getting worse?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
24 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I’m saying that sometimes it’s a fine line between success and failure. 

If we had turned up against Hull, the gamble would have paid off. 

One game ffs. 

If I’d have won euros tonight I Wundt be goin to work in the morning

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Leading the club to a points deduction is a disgrace. I don’t care if he was showing ambition, run us properly and show ambition in the way Brentford and Leeds have done. Surround yourself with proper experienced football people, don’t take advice of football agents. Don’t fall out with the people you employ to help run the club. Listen to advice and don’t go on the defensive when people question how you’re running things.

So fed up with this club under DC. But what’s the alternative? I don’t trust him to sell to anyone competent and I don’t think he’ll ever leave. An absolute mess. 

Agree with the first sentence here. Whatever his best intentions were, as the man in charge it’s an appalling thing to have on your CV.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

We have a billionaire 'running the club' (phrase used reservedly) and fans who have requested refunds from last season now have to wait up to 60 days from the end of July to see a refund from the games we couldn't see.

Our Chairman should refund all of them NOW.

And he should refund everybody who doesn't want to see the crap hand he's dealt us for next season

And then he should do us all a favour and leave

Absolutely appalled tonight. 

Out of interest who would You like to see take over the club and how much would it cost to buy the club back?

Guest Grandad
Just now, outlaw pete said:

Out of interest who would You like to see take over the club and how much would it cost to buy the club back?

Mickey ******** mouse

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We did! And it was a real ride!

BUT

How long can we keep pointing back to a failure years ago to justify constant, repeated failures on and off the pitch?

Just what exactly is it going to take before we as fans finally say ok it’s got bad now and needs to stop getting worse?

Some of our lot seem to harp on about the failed playoff attempts like a badge of honour. 

There is no prizes for failure.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1