Refund season tickets NOW

Guest Grandad

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine going into a thread to mock fans, whilst at the same time believing that the commercial side of the club had ANYTHING to do with season tickets and refunds

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Commercial is called so because it’s about commerce

Commerce is buying and selling things on large scale

The things we sell on large scale are tickets. 

Just now, McRightSide said:

Commercial is called so because it’s about commerce

Commerce is buying and selling things on large scale

The things we sell on large scale are tickets. 

Errr....

Come back when you actually know what you're talking about

(or go have a cup of tea with the commercial team at the club and have a discussion on season ticket refunds)

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Chansiri may be a lot of things but I don’t think he’s an asset stripper. 

I think he’s in it for personal glory and achievement. 

Hull are a different story IMO. 

Our biggest asset is our stadium

🙄 

Sorry. WAS our stadium

Edited by Grandad

Just now, the third man said:

There never has been a bribes scandal at Hillsborough, it was for betting, if you are going to complain get it right

you cant get sent to prison for having a bet ........the offence they got sent down for was "conspiracy to defraud ".............

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Well obviously 

But we didn’t succeed

So you can’t turn blind eye to massive problems and just point to a playoff final five years ago really can you?

Entirely right.

The gamble was on getting up in two years and it didn't work. We aren't the only ones it hasn't worked for but few have suffered 12 point penalties as a result of their plan failing.

I supported the initial plan in the belief that we had signed good players on long contracts that we could sell on after season two to balance the books and start again - a risk assessment and alternative approach if the 2-year plan failed.

It seems I was naive in thinking that - the plan fell down when all players became part of a family that couldn't be broken up.

The sale of the stadium I thought was an uncomfortable move but one which seemed necessary - unfortunately he didn't get that right either as it was left too late.

There's not much point arguing as a fan base over who was right though as some seem to want to do - lets see how the club addresses this in the next week or so - something has to be said about the direction we are going to take in light of this. I am hugely disgruntled to have paid over £500 for a season where we will start 12 points behind the rest and who knows how long it will be before we are allowed in the ground to see anything. 

I'll give the club the chance to address it first though before banging the doors down asking for a refund. I think it is highly unlikely but i'd prefer a part refund to compensate for the above rather than demanding all my money back. Whoever turns out for us next season and however many points we are behind they will still be representing Sheffield Wednesday and I will still want to turn up and support them. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Serious question - when does Chansiri have to start making the payments on the stadium he's bought?

He's not paid for it yet has he?

Thought the payments were to be staggered in sums of around £7-£8M, not sure how long the course of the payments are though.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Thought the payments were to be staggered in sums of around £7-£8M, not sure how long the course of the payments are though.

Thank you mate

That's gonna take quite some time to pay off

Wonder what would happen if Chansiri left SWFC before it was paid off?

Owlstalk Shop

He would potentially lose that money as well.

Stadium probably worth no more than £10-12M and doubt it would be even half that if we didn't have a team.

So him walking away resulting  in liquidation would cost him everything.

Walking away resulting in us going in to administration and someone buying us (now on -24 pts) would mean he would be lucky to recover 20% of what he has put in.

My opinion.

• Thanks 1

We are stuck with him.

The best we can hope is he realises he needs help and brings in a proper football or even business administrator or CEO and listens and then let's them manage it.

Hopefully he will let Monk bring in his coaching team because I don't think GM going anywhere either.

He needs to let people manage because at the moment DC is micro managing far far too much and it isn't going well.

Even in our own community there are people who could help him.

For goodness sake... Elev8 drinks...

How long would it take to have some isotonic drinks packaged in Elev8 branded bottles, cartons or whatever and on the concourse...?

NO MORE THAN 5/6 WEEKS and probably a month if he seriously wanted it doing.

(DC... I'll sort this out for you if you want for genuinely modest fees)

Just one example of not maximising revenue streams... JUST ONE

• Like 1