Can we or will we appeal?

1 minute ago, jomaco said:

Obviously I'd rather we didn't break FFP in the first place, and sold a few players etc. but it seemed we were doing the right things and moving to a new strategy. Then Parry comes in and it all goes to pieces by the looks of it.

I'm not sure we can blame Parry. Yes we were moving things in the right direction in terms of not buying big and not employing any new huge salaries as was previously the case but the fact is we have breached and even if the stadium sale had have been allowed in 2017-18 we would likely have breached in 2018-19 and incurred a deduction. 

The severity seems harsh in comparison with others and taking into account our recent transfer activity but then this change of approach only really kicks in as of the next accounts, without the stadium sale our losses increased each of the 3 years from 2015-16 to 2017-18.

This is deal..no doubt about it in my mind.

It's done by the hanging question..

This puts us in a very difficult situation...

Relegation?

Mmmm..

I can see a situation where relegation is off the table but the world must see a punishment..

Hmmm so can we..

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm not sure we can blame Parry. Yes we were moving things in the right direction in terms of not buying big and not employing any new huge salaries as was previously the case but the fact is we have breached and even if the stadium sale had have been allowed in 2017-18 we would likely have breached in 2018-19 and incurred a deduction. 

The severity seems harsh in comparison with others and taking into account our recent transfer activity but then this change of approach only really kicks in as of the next accounts, without the stadium sale our losses increased each of the 3 years from 2015-16 to 2017-18.

Yeah, I mean I've no idea if Parry changed things or not, but it just seemed we were on a reasonably good footing with the EFL, and then all this. It's a good point, perhaps we might have breached the season after anyway given the salaries we'd committed to. I guess it's a short space of time to try and change things when we've gone wrong but it is what it is.

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

And, if we believe there's a legitimate case for challenging the result, then we should do so.

I really cannot see any grounds for an appeal. We tried to fiddle FFP and got caught. Open and shut case in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I really cannot see any grounds for an appeal. We tried to fiddle FFP and got caught. Open and shut case in my opinion. 

Ridiculous statement. Not saying I'm happy with it but we noticed a loophole that had been used by another club and sought to get the ok to use it. The accounts show no "fiddle" and the independent panel did not see a "fiddle" either.

You apparently know better 🤔

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

I was caned (Rightly) by the Headmaster at school. He said take the punishment and learn from it. He was right.

The crime?  Fiddling the maths book numbers? 

Or punishment finally catching you up for gross incompetence from the word go?

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

For those asking why the deduction this season and not next season....

This is taken from the EFL website.

'Normal Playing Season' means the period of the year commencing with the first League Match and, for each Club, ending immediately after the completion of the Club's final fixture of the League Competition, excluding any Play-Off matches.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-1----general/

As In see it we have got off lightly.

Yes a 12 point deduction starting next season, but no transfer embargo of Financial fine.

I would take that, after all we have 46 games to retrieve those 12 points, and the ability to bring in players to achieve that.

Guest The Claw

We can appeal but it may allow a larger deduction plus charlton can then appeal. Take the punishment and move on. At least Derby will get a larger deduction so we can finish second from bottom 

:Chansiri:

I'd like to think we can appeal.

Even so, we now know -12 points a worse case scenario. To put that in perspective it took us 6 games to get 12 points from the start of last season, in Monks first 6 games we picked up 11 points.

I'd like to think we are a team, who should be aiming for 62+ points anyway.