SWFC Supporters Trust seek urgent meeting with Chansiri

12 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Yes, of course - but no where near as effective as a face to face meeting across a table or the boardroom - but doubt Chansiri will agree to this, in any event

Since lockdown, I have had more work meetings using the aforementioned platforms than previously. All productive meetings with the benefit of not having to wait on people being available to travel for a face to face. Theres nothing that I couldnt have done face to face that couldnt be done on zoom.

2 minutes ago, mirocevic said:

Blah , Blah , Blah Trust.........

Whats the alternative?

Im prepared to at least give them the benefit of the doubt and see what they are all about before passing judgement. At least let them get off the ground first.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Miffed said:

Whats the alternative?

Im prepared to at least give them the benefit of the doubt and see what they are all about before passing judgement. At least let them get off the ground first.

So you just believe and support anyone who puts trust in their name?

Tell me about these wise men you follow?

who are they ? What’s their agenda? Are they putting together a buy out package?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mirocevic said:

So you just believe and support anyone who puts trust in their name?

Tell me about these wise men you follow?

who are they ? What’s their agenda? Are they putting together a buy out package?

All their stated aims are on their website

I'd have thought if you don't know anything at all about them it's pretty strange to start commenting on them and judging them?

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

= 'be careful what you wish for'

Exactly. 

As bad as his decisions have been, as much as a mess we are in, if he decides to run us now like Mandaric did for the last season or two (ie. within £3/£4m of breaking even) we're stuffed.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91
  • Like 1

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Exactly. 

As bad as his decisions have been, as much as a mess we are in, if he decides to run us now like Mandaric did for the last season or two (ie. within £3/£4m of breaking even) we're stuffed.

What a great position we're in

Well done Chairman

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All their stated aims are on their website

I'd have thought if you don't know anything about them it's pretty poor form to start commenting on them and judging them?

You are quite correct and I stand reprimanded for my outlandish behaviour.

I have had a quick read of their aims and objectives and found this———Will a Supporters’ Trust seek to own the club or buy shares in the club?

One of the objectives of the Supporters Trust movement is fan ownership of clubs. We recognise that in the modern Championship that is a very difficult thing for fans to be able to achieve given the scale of the financial issues involved. Our objective in seeking to build a Supporters Trust is to further fan engagement and influence with the club. All our ideas and energies are focused on this and we have never discussed trying to own the club or purchasing shares in it.

After reading that I stopped being interested in the trust as a force. 

1 minute ago, mirocevic said:

I have had a quick read of their aims and objectives and found this———Will a Supporters’ Trust seek to own the club or buy shares in the club?

One of the objectives of the Supporters Trust movement is fan ownership of clubs. We recognise that in the modern Championship that is a very difficult thing for fans to be able to achieve given the scale of the financial issues involved. Our objective in seeking to build a Supporters Trust is to further fan engagement and influence with the club. All our ideas and energies are focused on this and we have never discussed trying to own the club or purchasing shares in it.

Fair enough

At least you had a read and gave it a go mate

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, mirocevic said:

So the trust is out of the question.

What now.....?

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What was the strategy of years 2 and 3?

There was none you feck wit. 

He gambled on promotion in the 1st two years, poo or bust.

We all bought into this & it didn't work, because 8 other clubs were trying to do the same thing, for 3 spots.

We ALL agreed with his gamble, it didn't work.

Stop acting like a baby.

• Like 1