Rebuild starts now

26 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Hopefully the rebuild has already started with groundwork done on bringing some decent players to the club over the close season.

Mess that up and God knows where we will be in 5 years.

We might have players turn us down that were ready to sign. Leaving us with one of the weakest, out of form and mentally shattered teams in the league with the season only 7 weeks away. 

• Thanks 1

Any chance of a long term rebuild starting now has gone. Attracting players now is going to be more difficult than it probably was going to be and in all fairness I expected it to be difficult before this points deduction.

I think the chances of us attracting some very decent loans has gone out of the window. I think whoever is in charge has to work out straight away who's up for a battle. The likes of Lees, Reach and Rhodes would be first out of the door IMO? Easier said than done for obvious reasons but it needs to be done. I'd be trying to work out where Bannan's head is at? Does he want to be here or not and if not move him on asap.

Next thing I'd do is make Palmer captain and say to him you know this club inside out. You're feeling this points deduction has much as the fans, LEAD this club. When you bear in mind he's going to be surrounded by young players, a few who are fellow owls fans who are going to find themselves very quickly having to stand up and be counted then I think it's the way forward for me.

Maybe take a chance on some League 1 or 2 players who may be hungry to prove themselves. Bottom line, there is an opportunity next season for players to be perhaps not in the traditional sense 'heroes' and some players would really fancy that.

I think Monk being in charge now is 50/50. He'll be asking himself whether he really wants to be here this morning. I'd love him to prove me wrong so the 'I Told You So's' can really come out in force. Personally I think he what does this week will be pivotal. If he addresses the fans with a war cry this next week then he's got a chance of salvaging his position here, if he doesn't then I doubt he'll last much longer even if he starts the season in charge. IMO I think we need a Wednesday Man in charge and not just one that played for the club for 5 minutes on loan. One ideally who gets the club, cares for the club and has a real feeling for what the fans are feeling. Who? Who knows? Megson, Pearson or a thinking out of the box gamble like Loovens, Semedo or Lowe. Granted the last three suggestions will get laughed at but really what do we have to lose as most expect us to get relegated now anyway?

Guest mrbluesky
11 hours ago, ANDY said:

there’s a saying ..... pride comes before a fall. Mr Chansiri’s pride has resulted in a fall. 

I can’t see Chansiri walking away. However he does need to make some changes starting with Paxo. 

Get shut of him. Swallow your pride. Put the best interest of the club first and foremost. Get someone or several people in that are knowledgeable and can get us out of this hole we’re in. 

Paxo isn’t advising you for the best interest of swfc. 

Be open with the fans. We know bullshit when we see or hear it. You’ll get more fans onside if you just be truthful with us. 

Nice idea, 110% this will never happen, though.

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

If he addresses the fans with a war cry this next week then he's got a chance of salvaging his position here, if he doesn't then I doubt he'll last much longer even if he starts the season in charge. 

You spent every waking moment of last season telling us Monk was going to be fired before the end of the season

Then you started telling us that he won't last the closed season and would definitely be getting sacked

lol

Owlstalk Shop

The thing is the rebuild doesn’t start now. 

We are back to signing any player who is willing to come and join and automatic relegation scrap. Players who other clubs don’t want or older pros looking for one last payday at a big club. 

The rebuild will start next year depending on what division we are in.

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

We might have players turn us down that were ready to sign. Leaving us with one of the weakest, out of form and mentally shattered teams in the league with the season only 7 weeks away. 

Someone who talks sense. I’ve read a lot of fans who say at least not we’re going to sign players who want to ‘fight’. No more likely we’ll sign players who aren’t good enough for the fight.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We are back to signing any player who is willing to come and join and automatic relegation scrap. Players who other clubs don’t want or older pros looking for one last payday at a big club. 

Only if you give all the new signings in the next few weeks a one year contract mate

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Bulgaria
5 minutes ago, Jim said:

I'd be trying to work out where Bannan's head is at

Back at the plug doctors hopefully after seeing his latest monstrosity.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You spent every waking moment of last season telling us Monk was going to be fired before the end of the season

Then you started telling us that he won't last the closed season and would definitely be getting sacked

lol

It's an opinion Neil and that's what I genuinely thought just like some think the chairman is not a very good one, perhaps even more so now? I could still be right with regards to Monk but I wouldn't bet on it either way? That said I love where you always seem to quote specific paragraphs to highlight your point and make me look stupid which I accept isn't hard 🙄 rather than quote the whole post which perhaps shows there is some relevance to the highlighted quotes.

In all fairness the situation we now find ourselves in is unprecedented for us and we need to be thinking clever going forward to stand any chance of us staying up next season.

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I love where you always seem to quote specific paragraphs to highlight your point and make me look stupid which I accept isn't hard 🙄 rather than quote the whole post which perhaps shows there is some relevance to the highlighted quotes.

I quote the bits I want to discuss with you

The other bits I didn't want to discuss with you

That's how it works mate

When you're down the pub and someone says something to you in a conversation you don't reply to them by quoting their entire last dialogue to them and discuss everything they ever said, you pick the bit you want to explore and discuss

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Only if you give all the new signings in the next few weeks a one year contract mate

Yes but is whoever joins now going to be good enough for us?

Who is going to choose us on -12 over other clubs in this division?

Do you have faith in DC and his recruitment team to unearth some real gems to keep us up?

Are our current better players like Bannan and Iorfa going to stick around?

Are the current lot showing any kind of bottle or form to dig in and get us out of this?

How many strikers do we have on the books?

I’m sorry but the only players we’re going to attract are the type Bolton did when they were up poo creak without a paddle.  

• Like 1

I’m no fan of Monk not by a long stretch.

However he isn’t going anywhere, last season was a debacle how we finished and felt he should have gone the minute the last final whistle went. 

However he hasn’t - we now need the fans more than ever, to turn this sinking ship around , and getting on Monks back is only going to make matters worse for us, the players the club. 

I think we need to cut him some slack, and hopefully he can show us what he meant by turning us around 

Yes but is whoever joins now going to be good enough for us?

Do you have faith in DC and his recruitment team to unearth some real gems to keep us up?

Are our current better players like Bannan and Iorfa going to stick around?

Are the current lot showing any kind of bottle or form to dig in and get us out of this?

How many strikers do we have on the books?

I’m sorry but the only players we’re going to attract are the type Bolton did when they were up poo creak without a paddle.  

100%

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We'll be lucky to find a few decent players who are willing to sign for a year knowing it will push them to the limit just with the pressure of staying up. 

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria

Morning Sally, hope your feeling better?

I don't think clubs loaning us players will particular care about our league position as long as they get game time, especially premiership youngsters.

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Glad you are not the manager !