Charlton fans not happy

As probably noted already, we would be fuming if the situation was reversed. But to liken our case with Wigan who got their 12 pt deduction straight from the rules and regulations for going into administration in the season, that's just hopeful.

It's a bloody shame football these days is more and more case of loopholes and legal actions. Man City spending whatever and avoiding any consequence, the whole FFP business to begin with and PL parachutes skewing the balance greatly already, Brum and us getting punished, but what about Derby and others? Does this get translated to new regulations with EFL to prevent this from happening again?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

And this is the crux of the matter, probably don't want to stump up 50m for a lg1 club. Can't blame them. Only way they get the money back is bulldoze and build some flats etc.

35 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I can't remember to be honest. But if that's the case then sounds like we were robbed. 

It was an end-of-season relegation decider in 2010.

Palace played at Hillsborough, won the game and stayed up.

They did have a better team than us, but we'd adhered to the rules whereas they hadn't, fielding players they couldn't afford. 

They were hit with a 9-point penalty (London club), but rightly calculated that they could get enough points to cheat the drop.

They went on to the PL, whereas we went onto, well, this mess.

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

I can't remember to be honest. But if that's the case then sounds like we were robbed. 

I also hated Palace from earlier but especially after that season. But they got their 10pt deduction that time and we still had everything in our own hands on the final day. We just needed to beat them to stay up but grrrr... 2-2... will never forget the disappointment and anger from that day.

2 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

I also hated Palace from earlier but especially after that season. But they got their 10pt deduction that time and we still had everything in our own hands on the final day. We just needed to beat them to stay up but grrrr... 2-2... will never forget the disappointment and anger from that day.

Never forget Jeffers not scoring that sitter in front of the Kop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

It was an end-of-season relegation decider in 2010.

Palace played at Hillsborough, won the game and stayed up.

They did have a better team than us, but we'd adhered to the rules whereas they hadn't, fielding players they couldn't afford. 

They were hit with a 9-point penalty (London club), but rightly calculated that they could get enough points to cheat the drop.

They went on to the PL, whereas we went onto, well, this mess.

I remember the game. I didn't remember their situation re FFP. 

Honestly lads this is all a bit tinpot on both sides isn’t it?

You lot and our lot are basically fighting over the right to finish bottom of the league in 2020-21, delaying the inevitable.

Here in South London, we should have far more pressing matters to deal with like forcing out the fourth lot of poo owners in a row. Until that’s figured out, we are never going to be able to sustain a status back in the second tier anyway.

Edited by caz92
  • Haha 1

Just now, caz92 said:

You lot and our lot are basically fighting over the right to finish bottom of the league in 2020-21 anyway, delaying the inevitable.

We should have far more pressing matters to deal with like forcing out the fourth lot of poo owners in a row. Until that’s figured out, we are never going to be able to sustain a status back in the second tier anyway.

It seems that its more "your lot" doing the fighting fella. 

• Like 1

If you’re talking about the “legal challenge” considered by the club, that’s just a smoke screen to make it look like they’re doing something and get the fanbase off their back for a little while longer.

The current consortium really don’t care what league the club ends up in, they won’t own it by the end of this year and they only paid a pound for it. They’ll continue to take as much money as they can and sell it on for a quid when they’re done.

If you’re talking about fan letters to the EFL regarding this specific ruling that the EFL didn’t even decide themselves then yes I fail to see what can be achieved by doing that and is a bit weird.

Edited by caz92
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Football is the sh*ts these days, it really is.

Points deductions, whacky rules about financial *fair* play and then even whackier ways of trying to get around them.

Better yet, the club threatening to sue someone or another are getting investigated because nobody knows who their owners are. 

Should also be pointed out that the other two teams relegated from England's second tier (the fifth biggest division in Europe), well, one was relegated due to admin allegedly brought on by a betting scam and the others are owned by a family who have  been pretty much asset stripping the ever since someone told them Hull *Tigers* was a stupid name.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 8

On 01/08/2020 at 10:16, @owlstalk said:

You do realise that fans of other clubs will always always always and forever and a day point to what we've just done and say similar things about our club from now on?

We've been tarnished by this big time

We've been tarnished since Hillsborough, not by your average lad or lass in the stands, most people I meet don't tend to mind us or think we're a proper old club with tradition. 

We've been tarnished becouse far too many people at the top in the media are 50+ who glory supported Liverpool from back in their hay day, as if you want to be a winner you can't support a losing/nothing club.  Hence we very rarely get a good mention or fair credit in the mainstream media. 

Think about how as far as the British media is concerned Hysel is never mentioned, getting us thrown out of Europe isn't even whispered. 

How when BEFORE! The champions league game they smashed the bus up carrying a bunch of pampered prima Donna's more used to rolling around on the floor than having missiles hurled at them, broken glass, smoke everywhere.... 

To them it would have felt like an APC ride through down town basra rather than a trip to kick a bag of wind around. Of course it affected the outcome, but they swept that aside to congratulate and glorify such a wonderful comeback. 

Any other club apart from probably Man utd would have been vilified. 

So yes we're tarnished as far as the media are concerned the scousers are always the innocent victims and were always then awfull Yorkshire villains. 

By the way this is not me being all its not fair, its just my take on facts that we see. 

Edited by shezzas left peg
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, caz92 said:

You lot and our lot are basically fighting over the right to finish bottom of the league in 2020-21, delaying the inevitable.

Here in South London, we should have far more pressing matters to deal with like forcing out the fourth lot of poo owners in a row. Until that’s figured out, we are never going to be able to sustain a status back in the second tier anyway.

Don't think anyone here had any bad thoughts about Charlton before this. 

We have been punished for what our owner has done. The 12 point penalty is a huge and damaging burden for us going forward and could prove to relegate us. It has literally nothing to do with the EFL hating Charlton. Charlton have a cataclysm of issues off the pitch that are holding them back, many of which I feel sorry for them but it's literally clutching at straws to have an issue with our points deduction. 

On the plus side some of the strongly worded emails I've seen are whoppers. 

• Like 1