19 minutes ago, Owlsabouthat! said:

As much as I’m sorry for charlton as a whole it makes me wonder how much these 12 points would have mattered if we hadnt had our pre season Screwed over by Newcastle stealing Bruce and co. I doubt we’d be in the same position 

Never thought of that.

Good point mate.

I remember all the media sympathy for us at the time.  NOT!!

"Poor Sheffield Wednesday, waited all that time for Bruce to finish his sabbatical and then to have him poached".

"Let's all feel sorry for them".

Nobody did (obviously).

I have no sympathy for time wasting, cheating, whinging Charlton, just as they wouldn't for us.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I'm not so sure.

The original post was regarding fans "Not understanding" the situation, it wasn't about them not being interested in it.

I don't honestly think many people are out of the range of social media these days, especially regarding the club.

They may not particularly 'care' about the 'political' side of things but i certainly think they 'understand' it.

The majority didn’t see the start of the demise of the club years before we nearly went bust.  I’m talking Dave Richards (And probably into the Allen era)

The endless crap managers, poor signings, giving away players worth money for nothing, no strategy. And so it continues.....

But as someone once said “but don't assume that there are "many fans” who share the doomsday scenario that you do.”

And if they don’t, the clearly think DC is doing a good job and they understand things differently to myself, which is fine. 

It’s all about opinions, let’s see what happens. 

• Like 1

Definitely a bit worried that this has been done before the play off final ie. before the season has officially ended.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think that might be a case of assuming everyone takes an active interest in it or reads the info that's out there. 

We know that's not the case from the sheer number of people who come onto here to ask questions about stuff like this. 

The majority might be aware of what's happening but there's definitely fans who aren't because they just don't want to get involved or hear about it as it (and it does) slightly spoil the enjoyment factor of being a Wednesday fan

The less involved you are on the political side, on the boardroom side, on the chairman side of stuff, and the less you know, the happier you are as a fan that's for sure

Maybe gone for a while.

I'm off for a frontal lobotomy.

I've had a scientist locate the frontal lobes in my brain whose sole function is the SWFC 'section'.

With those gone I will be blissfully happy in my support of all things Wednesday.

My total ignorance will ensure constant euphoria.

Hope they don't call me a clapper!!!!

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

Maybe gone for a while.

I'm off for a frontal lobotomy.

I've had a scientist locate the frontal lobes in my brain whose sole function is the SWFC 'section'.

With those gone I will be blissfully happy in my support of all things Wednesday.

My total ignorance will ensure constant euphoria.

Hope they don't call me a clapper!!!!

lol

It's true though

Take away all the constant bickering and frustrations about the boardroom/chairman/politics and everyone would be loads happier!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

No and no team expects their rivals to benefit from players who are only at a club because of rule breaking.

To think our fans wouldn't be screaming "EFL vendetta" if the positions had been reversed is naive I believe. 

Well ok but I wouldn’t be that desperate .maybe we should hope a couple of clubs go into administration next season so we can stay up !! Of course having a inexperienced owner putting us in this position in the first place is the real issue 

Edited by dewsburyowl58

40 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

There are fans that still think we are a well run club. Not many, granted. 

Here can’t be any surely !!!! 

5 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Here can’t be any surely !!!! 

Best chairman we have ever had

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Even better than the blokes who were in charge pre-war when we were winning League Championships. They achieved a lot but they never dreamed they'd be able to boast about a 12 point deduction. All hail Chansiri - £100m down and in a worse place than when he started. Best chairman we ever had. 

30 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

If a United fan registered on this site to troll us this is the kind of post they'd actually make

lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Oh God.

Why did you have to bring that to our attention.

That is going to pi*s me off every time I see it now.

😬

It will take your mind off the game. You’ll thank me honest lol

40 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Even you dont believe that..your tryin too hard..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

It will take your mind off the game. You’ll thank me honest lol

I sit behind the W but higher up the Kop.

It'll make me lean to the right now i know it's not 'central'.

😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, goodytheowl said:

Definitely a bit worried that this has been done before the play off final ie. before the season has officially ended.

Oooo! Good point Goody!

50 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Even better than the blokes who were in charge pre-war when we were winning League Championships. They achieved a lot but they never dreamed they'd be able to boast about a 12 point deduction. All hail Chansiri - £100m down and in a worse place than when he started. Best chairman we ever had. 

Should I said in my lifetime

Charlton and their fan's seem to be recruiting other clubs now to support their attempts to overturn our punishment timing.

11 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Charlton and their fan's seem to be recruiting other clubs now to support their attempts to overturn our punishment timing.

EFL should accept their protest. Then inform them that they agree with our appeal and lessen the punishment to -6 deduct it this season to pacify them and the arsehole 8 and kindly inform Charlton to now jog on and enjoy going into admin in the lower league.

Simples

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Triple O said:

All a farce, all clubs at top of league won't support them... Why? Because if Derby are found guilty and get a deduction they will want their deduction to be next season to get a better chance of promotion.

It's all nonsense and self interest nobody gives a damn about what's right or not.

Clubs should not govern themselves the league should be run independently 

None of this has anything to do with integrity and fairness.

It is football clubs looking to shaft one another, climb over the carcasses of one another in order to ensure their own success/survival.

If Charlton have a case, then it is with the EFL and the independent panel. It is not our fault the points deduction has been delayed until next season.